Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The New SFO Alaska Lounge (Opened 8/31/2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New SFO Alaska Lounge (Opened 8/31/2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by anteater
I previously utilized the AMEX @ SFO lounge, but until the expansion is finished, I’ve moved all of my SFO lounge time to AS because the Centurion is perpetually overcrowded / waitlist.

It’s not the flagship AS lounge, but it’s decent. 🤙🏻🍹
Originally Posted by brp
I think Centurion is 6pm

cheers
Agreed on crowding and it’s open till 9pm daily. I’d also choose Lark Creek Grill for food, it’s consistently good.

https://www.thecenturionlounge.com/locations/sfo/
milespoints likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
The most comfortable and spacious option would be the Alaska Lounge. Value proposition is subjective as food and drink offering are just okay, unless you are into local, craft beer where it's easy to extract $30 worth from the complimentary draft options. At your arrival time, the local baguette / sourdough station may still be open too.

The Amex lounge is the best bang for buck, especially with alcohol offerings, BUT it could be busy, and one of your group of four may likely need to buy a $50 day pass (Amex Plat gets two guests). But, when they kick you out at 9PM, you could saunter back to the Alaska terminal and hit Lark Creek for a last nibble/drink with your $28 PP.

Lark Creek Grill is the best PP restaurant at SFO, although not cheap. The $28 priority pass credit is better than nothing, but doesn't go very far when a burger and glass of local pinot are $40.

It's nice that you've got the options though, it could certainly be worse!
milespoints likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by mixmastermark
The most comfortable and spacious option would be the Alaska Lounge. Value proposition is subjective as food and drink offering are just okay, unless you are into local, craft beer where it's easy to extract $30 worth from the complimentary draft options. At your arrival time, the local baguette / sourdough station may still be open too.

The Amex lounge is the best bang for buck, especially with alcohol offerings, BUT it could be busy, and one of your group of four may likely need to buy a $50 day pass (Amex Plat gets two guests). But, when they kick you out at 9PM, you could saunter back to the Alaska terminal and hit Lark Creek for a last nibble/drink with your $28 PP.

Lark Creek Grill is the best PP restaurant at SFO, although not cheap. The $28 priority pass credit is better than nothing, but doesn't go very far when a burger and glass of local pinot are $40.

It's nice that you've got the options though, it could certainly be worse!
Thanks for the detail. I'll be with my girlfriend and her two young teenagers so I'm assuming we can pass as a family into the Centurion (until 2023).
Is it a hard close at 9pm? That may sway my decision, right there. I wouldn't want to rush there only to be asked to leave an hour later.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Agreed on crowding and it’s open till 9pm daily. I’d also choose Lark Creek Grill for food, it’s consistently good.

https://www.thecenturionlounge.com/locations/sfo/
I'm with my girlfriend and her two young teenagers so their priorities aren't good food. More like where can we recharge the phones and use the bathroom. Haha.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by anteater
I previously utilized the AMEX @ SFO lounge, but until the expansion is finished, I’ve moved all of my SFO lounge time to AS because the Centurion is perpetually overcrowded / waitlist.

It’s not the flagship AS lounge, but it’s decent. 🤙🏻🍹
I'll be paying for four passes (myself, girlfriend, and two young teenagers). Does the AS lounge get crowded?
Old Jul 23, 2022, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Centurion closes at 9 PM (still, no?). I'd expect the mop will be hitting the buffay shortly after your arrival.

With regular (unrestricted) PP, I'd head to the restaurants. The Alaska Lounge is pleasant, but not $60 for two pleasant if there are other options.
Unfortunately, the group I'm traveling with (girlfriend and two young teenagers) are going to be more concerned with electrical outlets and bathroom cleanliness.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by milespoints
I'll be paying for four passes (myself, girlfriend, and two young teenagers). Does the AS lounge get crowded?
The SFO lounge has never been too crowded any time I am there. However the current lack of outlets does cause some competition for the few places that have plugs.
milespoints likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 12:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I stopped in yesterday for a visit. I hadn't been since 2011 when it was an Admirals Club

It's a really lovely space and it was so nicely not crowded. I moved onto the Centurion then a United Club after (arrived on AS, outbound on UA) and compared to their lounges this was a peaceful heaven

Plus a decent breakfast spread especially when you threw in the not pictured pancake machine
Boraxo and Majuki like this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
I received an email today from Alaska talking about upgrades to their lounges in SEA and PDX. Toward the bottom, they mentioned SFO and LAX will be getting new furniture and carpeting.

For those of us who frequently use the lounge at SFO, the furniture was becoming a big issue with their cleanliness. On a side note, when they finally get new furniture at SFO, let us be kind to it and hope it last a while.
Markie, Majuki, be_rettSEA and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Got that email too. Hope they realize they need a new copy editor.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Thankfully no, as the AMX CL is a nice place to visit ^
Agreed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.