Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Planned Diversions From SFO to OAK/SJC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
This morning’s 2828/2827 set went to Oakland. Unfortunately when they moved us over to the OAK departure the tickets didn’t automatically update. Everyone had to be manually reticketed before we could go through security. Better than cancelling the flight, but surely this could have been taken care of automatically.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
Originally Posted by tatia
This morning’s 2828/2827 set went to Oakland. Unfortunately when they moved us over to the OAK departure the tickets didn’t automatically update. Everyone had to be manually reticketed before we could go through security. Better than cancelling the flight, but surely this could have been taken care of automatically.
Also, catering changed from lunch to snack basket. Really not happy about that, had to get some protein immediately on landing.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by tatia
same happened to me on Monday. Add to the annoyance on manually having to get a ticket from the agent outside security, the phone agents said that the rerouted ticket would show up in the app within two hours of the flights and assured me I could go straight through security. All of that turned out to be false. I was depending on my in-app ticket since I was cutting it very close coming from San Mateo (why I’d booked SFO in the first place). When I got to OAK, there wasn’t anyone staffing the elite/F line. Thankfully I still made the flight due to having TSA Pre.

To add further insult, I received one of the generic dismissive apology emails, with no discount code, and the rerouted flight has still not credited, whereas the connecting flight from LAX has credited. TLDR, changes in departure airports seem to be a total mess that CS does not know how to handle.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by jjmadison
TLDR, changes in departure airports seem to be a total mess that CS does not know how to handle.
For as often as they are doing this re-route thing in the bay area, you'd think they'd have a better handle on it by now.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
For as often as they are doing this re-route thing in the bay area, you'd think they'd have a better handle on it by now.
You need to have a handle in the first place to end up with a better one.
jjmadison and be_rettSEA like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.