Wiki Posts
Search

Redeye transcon meal or not?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2018, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Redeye transcon meal or not?

Hi folks - I'm looking at some redeye flights from L.A. to JFK on the Labor Day weekend but could not find a place where I can see the meal information... more specifically, I'm looking at:

Alaska 1418 Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 9:30 pm Fri, Aug 31 to New York-Kennedy (JFK) + 5:40 am Sat, Sep 1

Will this flight have a regular meal or just a small protein plate? I'll leave from my work directly so a meal on the flight would be great! Thanks for your input!
flatdawgs likes this.
Old May 12, 2018, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by lonelygod
Hi folks - I'm looking at some redeye flights from L.A. to JFK on the Labor Day weekend but could not find a place where I can see the meal information... more specifically, I'm looking at:

Alaska 1418 Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 9:30 pm Fri, Aug 31 to New York-Kennedy (JFK) + 5:40 am Sat, Sep 1

Will this flight have a regular meal or just a small protein plate? I'll leave from my work directly so a meal on the flight would be great! Thanks for your input!
Go in expecting the hummus and pita and hope for the best. AS site currently shows dinner but best not to be disappointed.
Old May 12, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Flying the red-eye SEA-JFK it is usually a light meal.
Old May 13, 2018, 2:22 pm

If this is a good reference point on my red-eye SEA-DFW flight I got a chicken cesar salad+ Cookie and of course a couple of those Crater Lake Espresso Vodkas with Half and Half and Coke. I was the only passenger who partook so the FA brought me seconds on the snack and kept filling up my drink. Before landing she came by with nuts and a beverage. Then I had breakfast, shower and drinks at the DFW Centurion Lounge.

This trip started in SJC where I went to the Club@SJC then flew to SEA and got a snack as well followed by 2 hours in the SEA Boardroom with more snacks and drinks. The flight from DFW-Santa Fe was on a small American Regional Jet with no FC but upon showing the pursuer my F Alaska boarding pass and explaining how F is not available he offered me anything I wanted. So I got a Bloody Mary and Trail Mix. All this for 25,0000 AA Miles+$5.50 in taxes. I returned from ABQ on Southwest.
Old May 13, 2018, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Flying the red-eye SEA-JFK it is usually a light meal.
Much better than any other airlines whose poor excuse is Biscoffs for a Trans Con Red Eye. On a United Hawaii-SFO Red Eye I had this delicious Soup, Cheese Platter and Hot Bread and for dessert I got a Fudge Brownie with Ice Cream. For me I will eat whenever I am served be it the delicious 1 AM curry I had from Bangkok-Beijing with two Beers!
Old May 13, 2018, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by danielonn
Much better than any other airlines whose poor excuse is Biscoffs for a Trans Con Red Eye. On a United Hawaii-SFO Red Eye I had this delicious Soup, Cheese Platter and Hot Bread and for dessert I got a Fudge Brownie with Ice Cream. For me I will eat whenever I am served be it the delicious 1 AM curry I had from Bangkok-Beijing with two Beers!
That sounds so exciting. Sometimes I wish I could be you.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
That sounds so exciting. Sometimes I wish I could be you.
Indeed it was exciting. Perhaps we could meet up sometime(: I live in the South Bay(West San Jose area)!
Old May 14, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Indeed it was exciting. Perhaps we could meet up sometime(: I live in the South Bay(West San Jose area)!
That... was not serious.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
This is not the appropriate forum for meet-ups.

Now, back to your regularly-scheduled "Redeye transcon meal or not" materials.
eponymous_coward and AS Flyer like this.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA1K
i'm flying SFO-EWR 9:30pm flight on wednesday. i can report back. states "Dinner" but i am not holding out hope.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:30 pm

My PDX-JFK was just the slightly larger hummus plate (basically 2x the hummus + a carrot over the SFO->PDX hummus plate.) Seems like a little less food than what we used to get, and far less than the Virgin America half sandwich + soup I had on my last red-eye.

Really just wish Alaska would do something simple and mildly filling like a half soup + sandwich or the fruit+cheese platter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.