Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by pcoll

wonder if it is “new” policy for pmVX flights or just another pmVX FA who really doesn’t care. Been running into quite a few of those on our last 4 flights. They seem to have an edge lately.
The VX F/A yesterday didn't provide anything prior to departure, even though boarding began 40+ minutes in advance. When the passenger next to me asked, he brought two water bottles with a scowl. Later when asked about it, he said it was new Alaska policy not to serve PDBs and that they had also eliminated desserts and snacks except for premium transcon routes.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
So strange though, because on VX the booze was flowing pre-takeoff. They'd bring you two if you were fast (or a double, even without asking, if they knew you and knew you'd finish it)

Once we had a tarmac delay (SFO-LAS; ground stop in LAS). We ate all the food and made a pretty good dent in the bar (I'm shocked that they load that much for such a short flight). Best delay ever -- way better than waiting in a terminal.
Same experience for me with pmVX crews. They were trained to go out of their way in providing PDBs and making a strong first impression. Most still do that. It's been my experience with pmAS crews who at most will give out PDchamps and at worst, sometimes not even a PD bottle of water.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
So it's now past November 1st, did coffee get added to water before 10am and sparkling wine after 10am?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...rst-class.html
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
This is old news and discussed in length months ago. If pnVX FA are still providing Alcoholic PDB, it is against AS policy. Period!

Keep reporting your successes, AS reads this thread too.

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Nov 4, 2018 at 3:31 am
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by rustykettel
So it's now past November 1st, did coffee get added to water before 10am and sparkling wine after 10am?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...rst-class.html
I was offered Coffee on my morning ANC-FAI this week ^
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by beckoa
That's reason enough to fly AS on this ultra-competitive route!
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
... AS reads this threat too.
REALLY hoping that’s just a typo
RaginPlainsman likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by beckoa
Ravn gives you cookies. But that means you have to fly Ravn.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
The VX F/A yesterday didn't provide anything prior to departure, even though boarding began 40+ minutes in advance. When the passenger next to me asked, he brought two water bottles with a scowl. Later when asked about it, he said it was new Alaska policy not to serve PDBs and that they had also eliminated desserts and snacks except for premium transcon routes.

This ”gentleman” was sadly misleading you. Snacks are available on every flight. And just so we can end this debate once and for all, the company-wide policy for both Boeing and Airbus crews is PDB service consists of water, juice or coffee in the mornings and water, juice or Prosecco the rest of the day. Anyone not doing this is not following procedure.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767

REALLY hoping that’s just a typo
Yes, fat thumb syndrome. Corrected!

James
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew

This ”gentleman” was sadly misleading you. Snacks are available on every flight. And just so we can end this debate once and for all, the company-wide policy for both Boeing and Airbus crews is PDB service consists of water, juice or coffee in the mornings and water, juice or Prosecco the rest of the day. Anyone not doing this is not following procedure.
Thank you! Hopefully it'll be consistent across the fleet now.

It'll be interesting to see if the AS side follows through with it, it would seem to be the biggest change for them yet in this regard.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Just boarded a flight from SEA to BNA and they offered coffee or orange juice during boarding (water bottles at the seats). This has been fairly consistent for most of my morning Alaska flights in the last few months. Someone in the row ahead of me asked for a mimosa and they politely told him he’d have to wait until we were in the air
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: AS

Thank you VXCabinCrew. It is great to get definitive answer on these questions. We rarely get actual policy confirmed. Seems FA’s use excuse of “policy” to support their service habits. Our next 3 flights are on pmVX equipment (barring a swap).
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by pcoll

Thank you VXCabinCrew. It is great to get definitive answer on these questions. We rarely get actual policy confirmed. Seems FA’s use excuse of “policy” to support their service habits. Our next 3 flights are on pmVX equipment (barring a swap).
Well, now you can tell them that you know the exact policy from a company insider 😂 These integrations always present some inconsistencies and it’ll probably take a while for it all to smooth out. Both the Boeing and Airbus sides are learning new service protocols then what they’ve been used to.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

Currently on 1919 LAS-SFO, and I was offered sparkling wine. No water, no juice.

It's my first flight on AS (and I've never flown Virgin), so I have nothing to compare it to. There was a bottle of water at my seat though. It was like Delta, only worse. It's a sad day when I start thinking United is the best in the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.