Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska to "refresh" main cabin food menu

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Alaska to "refresh" main cabin food menu

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/...rlines-on.html

"For example, guests will see the Virgin America influence in our on-board mood lighting and music, our recently revamped first-class menu and soon-to-be-announced main cabin menu refresh."

What would you like to see in a new main cabin food menu?

Personally, I'd like to see more variety in the "hot option" offered onboard, and some additional sweet treats such as cookies or brownies offered for sale.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A more substantial food option on flights between 1 (or 1.5) and 2 hours. BUR-PDX (and PDX-BUR) is just a little under 2 hours but I tend to fly it at times when it's more convenient to eat on the plane than try to get food in the airport. At least PDX has a variety of food options - BUR doesn't have a whole lot airside in terminal B.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I would like to see the cheeseburger served outside of just the Mexico routes...also, some "normal" meal-sized salads would be nice...I'm thinking Chicken Caesar, Cobb, and Buffalo Chicken.
flyupfrnt, pcoll and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:35 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I think the key is picking meals that do not have too many ingredients...

Chicken Caesar salad is a good example - simple, fresh, filling and not too many ingredients.

This way meals will appeal to more customers. Burgers does very well mainly because the ingredients come on the side allowing customers to customize what they want on the burger.

Pasta dishes are very easy to execute and doesn’t have a lot of ingredients... Chicken Alfredo pasta could be a good one. Or to take vegetarians in consideration can do butternut squash linguine.

Keep it simple, but tasty and filling.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Maybe they'll finally get rid of the Tilamook cheddar and just add two more slices of Beecher's to the F&C plate.

Neil
lalala, pcoll, be_rettSEA and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by missamo80
Maybe they'll finally get rid of the Tilamook cheddar and just add two more slices of Beecher's to the F&C plate.

Neil
I'd like more brie
pcoll, rustykettel and T2A like this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 9:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by beckoa
I'd like more brie
Swap one slice of Tilamook for more brie, the other slice for another slice of Beecher's. Done.
pcoll likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I think Alaska is looking for their next "Fruit and cheese" platter dish - one that does exceptionally well and is still received by people 3 years later.

Hence the cheeseburger. We had that thing thrown at us for how long, wished it went away - now it has, except for Mexico, and are wanting it back?!? :-D
Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
I'd like to see bite size vegetables, when served as a side. Trying to saw through full size green verbs inside a bowl with a plastic knife is a pain the hindquarters.

So... Tom Douglas foofoo out, some sort of "West Coast" (California) foofoo in...
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Yeah...
UAPremierExec and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
I like the VX cookies
UAPremierExec likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Alaska Airlines will continue the cabin mood-lighting, airport music and locally-inspired food and beverage choices.
Ugh. One of the worst aspects of VX.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
I think Alaska is looking for their next "Fruit and cheese" platter dish - one that does exceptionally well and is still received by people 3 years later.

Hence the cheeseburger. We had that thing thrown at us for how long, wished it went away - now it has, except for Mexico, and are wanting it back?!? :-D
When was the cheeseburger on a non-mexican route? I cant remember it on any other route?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:00 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Oooh more polenta please...just kidding
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: AS
I would check arriving flights while in the lounge and see where plane arriving at our gate was coming in from. Arriving LAX. If it came from Mex destination, I would try for leftover cheeseburger.
At start of service, I would ask quietly, “are there any more cheeseburgers left ?” Most of the time I could score one or two(hubby) while FA would appogize that they have no more chips to go with them and therefore is was gratis. (Thanks Jan and Jan ��)
Leftover cheeseburger was better than what was offered onboard, even in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.