Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by OmniScorpio
Hey everyone!

I'll be in first on a evening flight departing at 730pm from SEA-SNA - any idea what the options will be? The app is not giving the option to reserve food in advance.
If you are referring to FC meal, "First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours." So you won't be able to reserve your food beforehand or see what it is, it will probably be a sandwich or protein plate option, but check the thread for similar distance/timed flights.
OmniScorpio likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by steveman518
Given the mess at SEA today I'm not surprised that SEA-LAX AS 2292 wasn't able to get catering at SEA. There was only a snack basket and some of the beverage options were not available. What was more important is that we were one of the few flights delayed less than an hour and involved only one gate change...
Ask for compensation! Perhaps a $150 or so E Voucher can be given as a gesture of goodwill.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by williwaw
A number of grumpy F passengers on PDX-HNL today due to meal choices running out. The oatmeal and eggs dish was fully spoken for by the time the FA was done with maybe the the first row. The rest had to adapt to the omelette. Only two pax used the pre-order function. Surprised that they seemed to overload on the omelette options. (Thanks to posts here I pre-ordered the oatmeal... looks more appealing.)
Chicken or Eggs do not belong on any flight. How about these options:

Apple Crepes with Muesli
Cinnamon Stuffed French Toast

Chorizo Cheese stuffed Pizza or Sandwich.

Pastrami Sandwich with Cheese

Bagels, Lox, Cream Cheese with Lemon Oatmeal Bar, Granola.

Cinnamon Roll with Fruit

Breakfast Burrito with Chorizo

Eggs and Chicken are just bland.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Pretty Sad

Here’s “Dinner”. All of it. Because four spinach leaves is, apparently, AS's idea of a dinner salad.
Date of Flight: November 23, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS/OO 3379 DAL-SEA
Time of Departure: 4:00pm
Length of flight: A WHOPPING 4:40! Headwinds suck!
Class of service: First
Meal served: "Dinner," the meal formerly known as "snack."
Meal Description: No menus were provided (they must just be gone now, kind of like the calories are). We were offered "chicken or salmon.....salad" by a typically fantastic SkyWest flight attendant. He did his best with what he was given. Note that, as usual on SkyWest, all items have been oriented correctly on the tray. Mainline US carriers haven't done that since 1940!
On the upside, everything on the stylish new tray was really quite tasty.
But this meal was woefully tiny. A plastic cup of nuts, a warm roll, a three inch diameter salad, and a packaged not-even-a-cookie dessert? I must admit, the ingredients were very good quality. The recipe itself, I mean, was great. But the finished product ended up being three grapes cut in half, two walnuts quartered, and four spinach leaves. Covered in mustard. Plus a piece of salmon.
On this route, there used to be the separate dessert course, with a small plated cheesecake or something similar.
Come on, AS. This doesn't cut it.

Salmon Salad.

Last edited by Legend717; Nov 24, 2018 at 2:23 pm
Old Nov 24, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Legend717
Here’s “Dinner”. All of it. Because four spinach leaves is, apparently, AS's idea of a dinner salad.
Date of Flight: November 23, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS/OO 3379 DAL-SEA
Time of Departure: 4:00pm
Length of flight: A WHOPPING 4:40! Headwinds suck!
Class of service: First
Meal served: "Dinner," the meal formerly known as "snack."
Meal Description: No menus were provided (they must just be gone now, kind of like the calories are). We were offered "chicken or salmon.....salad" by a typically fantastic SkyWest flight attendant. He did his best with what he was given. Note that, as usual on SkyWest, all items have been oriented correctly on the tray. Mainline US carriers haven't done that since 1940!
On the upside, everything on the stylish new tray was really quite tasty.
But this meal was woefully tiny. A plastic cup of nuts, a warm roll, a three inch diameter salad, and a packaged not-even-a-cookie dessert? I must admit, the ingredients were very good quality. The recipe itself, I mean, was great. But the finished product ended up being three grapes cut in half, two walnuts quartered, and four spinach leaves. Covered in mustard. Plus a piece of salmon.
On this route, there used to be the separate dessert course, with a small plated cheesecake or something similar.Come on, AS. This doesn't cut it.

Salmon Salad.
The may have reduced catering on the Skywest flights because of galley space limitations, but that's really inadequate for a 4+ hour flight!! Normally, you get a full meal on flights over 1500 miles (I wish they would drop it down to 1400 miles so the SEA-ANC flights would be included).
Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
The may have reduced catering on the Skywest flights because of galley space limitations, but that's really inadequate for a 4+ hour flight!! Normally, you get a full meal on flights over 1500 miles (I wish they would drop it down to 1400 miles so the SEA-ANC flights would be included).
In the past, I've actually gotten the full meal on the SkyWest DAL-SEA/PDX flights. It's been quite nice, since I typically have better experiences on SkyWest than I do mainline, once you get past the Delta Global ground staff.
But actually, the ground staff at DAL yesterday was really good.
Except that they forgot to board first class. Straight from "military" to "Group A".
Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by safari ari
I believe so. "Meals are available from 5 am to 8 pm on all flights over 675 miles, and fresh snacks are offered on all flights over 250 miles."

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...food-and-drink
Think trans-cons are exempt. We were served a meal.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by MAH4546

Think trans-cons are exempt. We were served a meal.
Originally Posted by Kurt
Any transcon redeye meals lately? I am on AS740 LAX-BWI (that 8:35 p.m. departure/4:43 a.m. arrival is brutal) this week and am wondering.
Originally Posted by AS737
Eastbound is a roast beef sandwich and autumn vegetable soup
Yup.
AS737 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Slightly off topic, but I will bring it around.

I am upset that AS has pulled the digi-players from most (or all depending on the report) of their flights. I called Customer care to inquire what was the reasoning behind this. The agent was aware of the change but did not know why. She talked to her supervisor (who was not aware of the change) then came back to me with "They took the digi-player cart out to make room for more food carts". I politely said good bye before I started laughing then got slightly more upset with AS.

From what I am reading here, they have not started the new, enhanced food service yet using said carts.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BOB W

I am upset that AS has pulled the digi-players from most (or all depending on the report) of their flights. I called Customer care to inquire what was the reasoning behind this. The agent was aware of the change but did not know why. She talked to her supervisor (who was not aware of the change) then came back to me with "They took the digi-player cart out to make room for more food carts". I politely said good bye before I started laughing then got slightly more upset with AS.

From what I am reading here, they have not started the new, enhanced food service yet using said carts.
So, less food on the longhauls wilth players, and more food on the shorter flights without them.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems unlikely that someone in customer care would know the reasoning behind a decision like this. At best, they are rationalizing. At worst, they are making something up and hoping you will go away.
Seat 2A and pcoll like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W

Where has it been reported that tablets are being taken off all flights?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fly18725
Where has it been reported that tablets are being taken off all flights?
There is a separate thread here in the AS forum about the fact that the tablets are being removed from all but coast to coast and Hawaii flights....this is confirmed with the updated language on the website. Although Costa Rica is not specifically mentioned, I suspect those flights still have the tablets, but a LOT of flights (such as SEA-ANC, PDX-DFW, SEA-ORD, etc.) lost the tablets.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
There is a separate thread here in the AS forum about the fact that the tablets are being removed from all but coast to coast and Hawaii flights
Ahem, “premium” transcon routes. RDU and CHS are apparently cut as well.

Entertainment Tablets Only on Hawaii, NYC & DC Area, FL and BOS Routes (11/1/2018)
Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
11/23 AS533 GEG-SEA, two drinks and a snack basket, not bad for 42 minutes in the air!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.