Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Why do you bend Alaska's metal ware? Is it a fetish of yours?
Not a fetish. Not only is it art, but it commenced several years ago when the AS cutlery started bending without really trying. It was an artistic demonstration of the fine quality of the product, not to mention part of the inflight exercise program. The latest incarnation of the cutlery is not as flimsy but still gives without much effort (i.e., one hand). And seriously, has AS polenta ever looked better than while being stabbed by a bent fork?
Old Nov 11, 2018, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Who knows what's being offered on the ANC-SEA route this month (We look forward to your report, I'm sure) but as supplementing Alaska's inflight breakfast catering goes, the market that's replaced the old Quizno's on the C Concourse looks to have some pretty good breakfast burritos. Bueno Apetito!
AS 82
11/9/2018
ANC-SEA
6 AM Departure

As you can sea it included the scone and smoothie that were missing from Seat2A's tray. A second Bloody Mary was brought without me having to ask.
Eastbay1K and UAPremierExec like this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOB W
. A second Bloody Mary was brought without me having to ask.
Did you have to ask for the third one?
UAPremierExec likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Not a fetish. Not only is it art, but it commenced several years ago when the AS cutlery started bending without really trying. It was an artistic demonstration of the fine quality of the product, not to mention part of the inflight exercise program. The latest incarnation of the cutlery is not as flimsy but still gives without much effort (i.e., one hand). And seriously, has AS polenta ever looked better than while being stabbed by a bent fork?
whether it's polenta or ravioli's not too sure mangling the airlines property isn't a cool thing to do, but it seems to amuse you.
PDXRyl likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

whether it's polenta or ravioli's not too sure mangling the airlines property isn't a cool thing to do, but it seems to amuse you.
Almost as amusing as the possessive of ravioli. Besides, they bend back into shape just fine.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: AS
It amuses many of us, actually.
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Almost as amusing as the possessive of ravioli. Besides, they bend back into shape just fine.
Did you train under Uri Geller?
pcoll likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Except for the metal fatigue. Have we not learned from William Shatner and John Lithgow about the dangers of metal fatigue on airplanes?? If I start seeing a gremlin on my meal tray, I’m blaming you. Or the G&Ts.
Eastbay1K and UAPremierExec like this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Almost as amusing as the possessive of ravioli.
Maybe it's meant to be a contraction. Except, ravioli is plural, so it should be ravioli're
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Any transcon redeye meals lately? I am on AS740 LAX-BWI (that 8:35 p.m. departure/4:43 a.m. arrival is brutal) this week and am wondering.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Thinking of purchasing DAL-SJC in F. The flight is a E75 departing 3p. Anyone knows what kind of meal (lunch/dinner/snack) will be served? Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DFWFairy
Thinking of purchasing DAL-SJC in F. The flight is a E75 departing 3p. Anyone knows what kind of meal (lunch/dinner/snack) will be served? Thanks in advance.
I'd expect it to be substantially similar to what I just had DAL/SFO a few days ago (a few posts up) unless you'll be flying during a different menu cycle.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
AS135 SEA-ANC
10:35 PM Scheduled departure (take off delayed @45 minutes)

Snack basket & drinks. Took the popcorn chips and Bark Thins, then got another popcorn chips.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: AS, AA, BA, SQ
Originally Posted by Kurt
Any transcon redeye meals lately? I am on AS740 LAX-BWI (that 8:35 p.m. departure/4:43 a.m. arrival is brutal) this week and am wondering.
No photo, but took the route a couple weeks ago. Soup (a red vegetable/ pepper/ chili thing) and a half sandwich (pesto chicken/turkey?) were served. Both were great. Of the cabin of 16F, around 10 ate, and my seat mate was pleasantly surprised as he got "more than a bowl mixed nuts".
I'm very glad there is a proper snack again. The ramekin of purple hummus with three small pieces of pita and a carrot was a significant downgrade for those flying legacy VX routes. The redeye soup & sandwich really differentiated VX from the rest of the competition. When I flew AA regularly there was nothing more disappointing than being served one round of nuts on a 5+ hour flight because it left 15min after "dinner". I'm beyond happy it has returned and hope it sticks around.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:46 pm

no breakfast anymore? JNU-ANC

The last couple of months no more hot breakfast from Juneau to Anchorage on the morning flight - just the snack basket from coach? Is that permanent?

Guess times are tough all over since the merger?

Originally Posted by BOB W
AS135 SEA-ANC
10:35 PM Scheduled departure (take off delayed @45 minutes)

Snack basket & drinks. Took the popcorn chips and Bark Thins, then got another popcorn chips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.