Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
OAK-HNL Oct. 5. Breakfast. I pre-selected the gruyere omelet. It came with a very small piece of ham, undercooked quartered fingerling potatoes, and this weird semi-dried fruit. It was just passable. There was butter on our plates, but no bread.

Only decent AS meal I've had so far was on SFO-DCA.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
So having just made two trips to Portland and not managing to get to Salt and Straw either time, am I maybe going to get to taste this on a SEA/MCO in November. I recall, I think, reading that it was going to end on 15 Sept. Happy has set in!
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by kileysmom
So having just made two trips to Portland and not managing to get to Salt and Straw either time, am I maybe going to get to taste this on a SEA/MCO in November. I recall, I think, reading that it was going to end on 15 Sept. Happy has set in!
Definitely still doing Salt and Straw ice cream! Flavors changed on 9/16 and only on New England/DC area/Florida/Hawaii though
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by isaac.chambers
Any idea what SFO >> BNA on 10/15 will get for F class? Its calling for a Lunch - PMVX 320...no preordering in the app for this flight.
Option 1: Grilled salmon w/ sage brown butter sauce, white bean ragout, and rainbow chard
Option 2: Butternut squash risotto cakes w/ smoked tomato cream sauce and roasted root vegetables
Dessert: Chocolate brownie
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by AS737
Option 1: Grilled salmon w/ sage brown butter sauce, white bean ragout, and rainbow chard
Option 2: Butternut squash risotto cakes w/ smoked tomato cream sauce and roasted root vegetables
Dessert: Chocolate brownie
Would be nice to see an advance menu on all flights, even if preordering isn't available systemwide yet (or unavailable for some reason like last minute ticket purchase, SDC, or such)...

Will try to remember to include that request in the next Alaska Listens survey.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: AS - MVPG; DL - SM; Marriott, Hilton, SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by AS737
Definitely still doing Salt and Straw ice cream! Flavors changed on 9/16 and only on New England/DC area/Florida/Hawaii though
Confirmed. I had it on my TPA - SEA flight yesterday. Strawberry white chocolate. Very tasty.
AS737 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
AS849 IAD-SEA (Fri 10/5)
>salad, roll, and butternut squash bisque (REALLY good) served shortly after first round of beverages
>main course was choice of beef or gnocchi ... I had the gnocchi — very good; came with roasted squash (reasonably good), grilled radicchio (rather bitter, but overall ok), and mushrooms (tasted ok, but looked like they came out of a can)
>dessert was Salt and Straw ice cream (strawberry & toasted white chocolate; REALLY good)
>warm nuts — about half an hour after dessert
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:39 am

Is the upgrade worth it?

My father and I will be traveling from San Francisco to Cabo San Lucas and back this December. Is it worth upgrading to first class? What would our meal selections be like for these flights? Has anyone flown these routes and had the meals on these flights before? Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

Alaska 3370 operated by SkyWest SFO - SNA (Embraer 175)
Alaska 214 SNA - SJD (Boeing 737-800)

Alaska 275 SJD - SAN (Boeing 737-900)
Alaska 1969 SAN - SFO (Airbus A320)
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
OAK-HNL Oct. 5. Breakfast. I pre-selected the gruyere omelet. It came with a very small piece of ham, undercooked quartered fingerling potatoes, and this weird semi-dried fruit. It was just passable. There was butter on our plates, but no bread.

Only decent AS meal I've had so far was on SFO-DCA.
Thats too bad. Looks like UA coach meals this rotation (bread pudding bkfst and chicken parm lunch dinner) are more reliable than first on even Alaska. No escape for the weary!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
AS668 SEA-DEN
Oct. 7, 2018
1:45 p.m. - 5:31 p.m.
737-900 - Seat 1C

We got the last two upgrades so my friend and I could not sit together; no great loss as we both got our meal choice (he was in 4F).

After takeoff we were offered drinks and warm nuts. I chose a G&T with lime.

Lunch was a choice of a roast beef sandwich or a protein plate. The sandwich came on a French-style roll with roast beef, cheese (tasted like provolone), tomatoes, onions, greens and sliced pickles. A mayo/tomato-ish spread was on the side, along with a bottle of balsamic/olive oil for the smattering of greens/tomato also on the plate (I put some on the sandwich as well; the bread was a bit dry). Everything was fresh and tasted nice. The protein plate had hummus and turkey; that's all I can remember as I just glanced at it as it went by. Drinks were kept topped up by flight attendant Lauren, who never stopped working.

After lunch, Seattle Chocolates (blackberry crème) were served, along with more drinks. I chose a Crater Lake espresso vodka to enhance my coffee.

Nice service on this 2:15-duration flight!

Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by Kurt
AS668 SEA-DEN
Oct. 7, 2018
1:45 p.m. - 5:31 p.m.
737-900 - Seat 1C

We got the last two upgrades so my friend and I could not sit together; no great loss as we both got our meal choice (he was in 4F).

After takeoff we were offered drinks and warm nuts. I chose a G&T with lime.
I'm still confused how on some days you get the plastic ramekin for the nuts, while on others you have the actual ceramic ones. Nothing crazy, but just very curious how it isn't standardized.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
That roast beef sandwich has got to be one of the best things I've seen served on shortish haul AS flights....YUM! The only thing it's missing is a bag of Tim's potato chips
NoLaGent and pcoll like this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by safari ari
I'm still confused how on some days you get the plastic ramekin for the nuts, while on others you have the actual ceramic ones. Nothing crazy, but just very curious how it isn't standardized.
ceramic ramekins on transcon and Hawaii flights I believe - the rest are the plastic ramekins.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I rarely fly AS outside of transcon (when i do its SEA-PDX Q400) so it was interesting to see the meals on the SEA-OAK-SEA segment of my weekend mileage run 10/6/18. I loved the upgraded tea menu.

SEA-OAK was cold roast beef and return was heated turkey. With bread that thick the cold needs to be heated to enjoy. They ran out of protein plates at row 2. Ceramic nut ramekins for both.

Roast Beef:

Turkey:

pcoll likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Wow! My trip is even better now! Great ice cream and I don't care what flavors! Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.