Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Historically, how are the loads on Jan. 1 from SEA/PDX>Hawaii? Looking at 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

Looking at booking a condo starting 1/1/19 in Hawaii for 2 weeks. I've never flown anywhere on January 1st. Will 2 award seats be easy or difficult to find 330 days out? Busy travel day? Any class is OK.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
Looking at booking a condo starting 1/1/19 in Hawaii for 2 weeks. I've never flown anywhere on January 1st. Will 2 award seats be easy or difficult to find 330 days out? Busy travel day? Any class is OK.
Award seats should be easy to find, but you'll likely not find saver award seats until a few days after the 1st (after school/college winter breaks are over). In general, prices with miles or $$ to Hawaii have been really high...pricing LIH-PDX tickets for July and I'm seeing one-way fares in the $400-$500 range....yikes!
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Award seats should be easy to find, but you'll likely not find saver award seats until a few days after the 1st (after school/college winter breaks are over). In general, prices with miles or $$ to Hawaii have been really high...pricing LIH-PDX tickets for July and I'm seeing one-way fares in the $400-$500 range....yikes!
Thanks for the reply. If award prices are too high (no saver on AS or AA) we'll have a Companion Fare cert. we can use instead. A couple articles I read in the last hour said that early morning flts on 1/1 tend to be more available than later in the day.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I would opt for the companion fare route and if you are lucky, you'll be able to confirm into F using a GGU (if you have any available).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.