Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guaranteed Airfare after first flight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Guaranteed Airfare after first flight

I flew the outbound on a ticket (booked as a R/T due to companion fare). I know before I did that, I could do the guaranteed airfare; but it doesn't let you after you take the outbound.

The price on the return flight went down a lot; is there a way to get that credit? (split ticket up, something)?

Not a huge deal, but would be nice....
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:01 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Did you try calling reservations?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: AS (MVP), UA (silver), AA, DL, Hilton (Gold)
I imagine it might not be possible because the guarantee is based on the full ticket. Was the R/T price lower than what you paid?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by sea_flyer_17
I flew the outbound on a ticket (booked as a R/T due to companion fare). I know before I did that, I could do the guaranteed airfare; but it doesn't let you after you take the outbound.

The price on the return flight went down a lot; is there a way to get that credit? (split ticket up, something)?

Not a huge deal, but would be nice....
just one of the reasons to always book one way tickets. Remember there is no cost disadvantage these days to one way vs RT

be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt

just one of the reasons to always book one way tickets. Remember there is no cost disadvantage these days to one way vs RT

OP was on a companion fare. Makes sense to book RT for those, no?

I echo the suggestion above to call res. They should be able to refare and manually price the return leg. It may be difficult and they'll put you on hold for a bit, but it should be possible with a human.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by channa
OP was on a companion fare. Makes sense to book RT for those, no?

I echo the suggestion above to call res. They should be able to refare and manually price the return leg. It may be difficult and they'll put you on hold for a bit, but it should be possible with a human.
i missed that part. Thanks Channa
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt

If you are not a high elite, buying one way tikcets subjects you to the possibility of paying two separate change fees if your plans change. On Southwest, it makes PERFECT sense. On Alaska, not so much for us "normal" flyers.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by missydarlin
Did you try calling reservations?
If Missy says it, it is the thing to do. Welcome back Missy!!
pfpdx likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

To follow up, they repriced on the phone without any concerns/push back, so all taken care of. Almost $300 credit - awesome!

Thanks all!
pfpdx and channa like this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
Dang that is certainly worth calling about haha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.