Wiki Posts
Search

Horizon FA'S Lying to Passengers?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Already did.

Speaking of which, I wonder if it's like many employee referral programs where there's either an incentive/commission for the employee or a performance quota for a minimum number of sales.
For every credit card enrollment, Horizon gets a new pilot for a week.
kevincrumbs likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Speaking of which, I wonder if it's like many employee referral programs where there's either an incentive/commission for the employee or a performance quota for a minimum number of sales.
The paper and online application forms have a field for the employee ID number of an AS, QX, or OO employee, and filling it out will net the applicant an extra 1k miles as part of the sign-on bonus. So there's some kind of financial incentive for the flight attendants if it's linked to individuals.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
i can tell you for a fact there is huge incentives to sell credit cards. Some of the gifts the top sellers receive are quite lavish!!
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
BOI>SEA “due to the short duration of the flight we will be offering orange juice only” QX2895. The flight is 75min.
luckly upgrade came through so no fear in F but I will continue to book Q400 or OO175 when possible.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Idaho Territory
BOI>SEA “due to the short duration of the flight we will be offering orange juice only” QX2895. The flight is 75min.
luckly upgrade came through so no fear in F but I will continue to book Q400 or OO175 when possible.
Was the orange juice from the big box container or just passing out individual cans?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
For every credit card enrollment, Horizon gets a new pilot for a week.

Originally Posted by tusphotog
What does VX do on the LAX-LAS flights?
Answering my own question here, but I took VX on a LAS-LAX flight. They serve free beer(!!!), water and something else. I was in MCS and sound asleep so I assume I got the full smattering of choices. Free beer for everyone is awesome. And will likely go away once Chester gets painted on the plane.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
Was the orange juice from the big box container or just passing out individual cans?
Don’t know. It always seems awkward when in F to look back at Y
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Probably the individual pre-packaged cups, the same ones AS uses mainline on the SEA-GEG shuttle. You know the type, they have foil lids that spray orange juice on your shirt when you open them.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Probably the individual pre-packaged cups, the same ones AS uses mainline on the SEA-GEG shuttle. You know the type, they have foil lids that spray orange juice on your shirt when you open them.
Didn't realize they were back to those. Mini cans were distributed on the shuttle and PDX-EUG this summer (appearently before service was cut entirely).
Attached Images  
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Didn't realize they were back to those. Mini cans were distributed on the shuttle and PDX-EUG this summer (appearently before service was cut entirely).
Ended up with those cans earlier in the week on an OO's E175. Wasn't so happy so I did submit a comment (got beer/wine/water/juice PSC-SEA on a QX Q400 earlier in the day). But perhaps this is the service standard on E175's for SEA-PDX in Y? Was in PE so at least more legroom.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by beckoa
Ended up with those cans earlier in the week on an OO's E175. Wasn't so happy so I did submit a comment (got beer/wine/water/juice PSC-SEA on a QX Q400 earlier in the day). But perhaps this is the service standard on E175's for SEA-PDX in Y? Was in PE so at least more legroom.
I flew SEA-PDX on an OO Embraer about a year and a half ago. F got whatever we wanted, but I think Y only got water or juice.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
I’ve done 8 segments in the last week...

PDX-SEA-PSC - and return
PDX-MFR - and return
PDX - SEA - and return

Had service on the Medford Trip each way and on one leg of the Pasco Trip (SEA - PSC).

On one of the PDX segments, it was legitimately bouncy. The other four were all smooth as can be.

I love Alaska, generally, but in the last few years this has gone from being the exception to where I’m genuinely surprised when we do get service - especially on the PDX-SEA route, which is my most frequent, by far.

While I would care if they cut service entirely - I care much more that the current situation feels dishonest.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
I posted in the past about how I wasn’t sure why people were complaining about not receiving a drink on a 30 to 40 minute flight. Last night I just did a Seattle to Vancouver run on a Q400, and the flight attendant just sat in her jump seat the entire time. Something about the experience just didn’t feel right. We also got delayed 20 min, so a 40 min flight turned into an hour, and I could’ve used a sip of water.

I mean, why even have two flight attendants? If they’re gonna cut service completely, why do they need two? It just gave me a different perspective that all felt odd.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
I mean, why even have two flight attendants? If they’re gonna cut service completely, why do they need two? It just gave me a different perspective that all felt odd.
While your question may be rhetorical, it’s an FAA requirement. 51-100 seats = 2 FAs

The service inconsistency (with no attendant claim of en route turbulence) is annoying.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
It’s not rhetorical. I don’t fly a lot of QX, and I didn’t know that was an FAA rule.

In any event it does feel weird. Is the official policy now no service on flights 45 minutes and under? A flight attendant just sitting in her jumpsest the entire flight just feels odd.
rustykettel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.