Community
Wiki Posts
Search

500 Minimum EQM per Segment

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2021, 5:15 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by jrl767
pretty sure the earning for a sub-500-mile AA flight in O would be 25% of the 500-mile minimum, or 125 EQM
No, this is complete misinformation. AA O flights credited to AS earn 500 EQM minimum.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
No, this is complete misinformation. AA O flights credited to AS earn 500 EQM minimum.
I can confirm the EQM. My recent ORD/GRR flights (137 miles in the air, AA segments on an AS booking) each garnered me 500 EQM and 1,125 RDM.
burningflames likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
I can confirm the EQM. My recent ORD/GRR flights (137 miles in the air, AA segments on an AS booking) each garnered me 500 EQM and 1,125 RDM.
I mean, it's pretty crazy that 4 short AA hops in O basically get you enough miles to fly ANC to anywhere in Alaska free (5k)
Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I mean, it's pretty crazy that 4 short AA hops in O basically get you enough miles to fly ANC to anywhere in Alaska free (5k)
1,125 × 4 flights is 4,500 RDM, a bit short but they add up. It will be 5K for 100K Elites next year. The same can be said about AS flights. Fly BLI-SEA-PDX return and earn 4.5K RDM after flying 444 total miles, even in Saver X.

James
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
1,125 × 4 flights is 4,500 RDM, a bit short but they add up. It will be 5K for 100K Elites next year. The same can be said about AS flights. Fly BLI-SEA-PDX return and earn 4.5K RDM after flying 444 total miles, even in Saver X.

James
It cracks me up that that's still harder-earned/more expensive RDM than having a couple bags take longer than 20 minutes to come out.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
It cracks me up that that's still harder-earned/more expensive RDM than having a couple bags take longer than 20 minutes to come out.
True, but the BSG doesn't come with 2000 EQM & 4 AS segments. My last delayed luggage took three days, Nada from AS.

James
Old Oct 7, 2021, 2:35 pm

Also true re: the EQM and segments. But still...
Old Oct 15, 2022, 9:33 pm

Flying for Fun do you know if Qatar is a 500 minimum or actual miles flown airline?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by dave9lax
Flying for Fun do you know if Qatar is a 500 minimum or actual miles flown airline?
It is 500 miles minimum. Click > Details under the earning charts of any partner and it will be listed there. From the Qatar Earning chart.

Qualify for mileage accrual

Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by Qatar Airways or Qatar Airways codeshare flights marketed by Qatar Airways and operated by oneworld member airlines and affiliates. Codeshare flights marketed by Qatar Airways and operated by a carrier that is not a oneworld member airline are not eligible to earn miles. Award flights booked into the fare classes above are not eligible to earn miles, elite-qualifying miles or segments.
Eligible flight numbers

1-2949

3000-3149

5000-6599

To ensure flight credit, the two-letter airline code (QR) must precede the flight number (for example, QR XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass.

Earn 500 minimum miles on flights shorter than 500 miles. No miles will be earned for classes of services not listed above.

James
beckoa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.