Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold - Waiver for Award Cancel/Change Fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MVP Gold - Waiver for Award Cancel/Change Fee

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, & EP 2024-25; Southwest A-List
Related Question

Originally Posted by Colin
As a new AS MVP Gold status-matched from VX, I believe I get Mileage Plan fee waiver for changes/cancellations of award tickets.

Does this benefit extend to award tickets I book with my miles for family members? Family members have no status. Family members will be traveling without me.
I have a question related to OP's original question.

As MVP Gold, do I get the change/cancel fee waiver for all flights booked through Alaska, or just those on Alaska metal? I'm looking at booking a flight on alaskaair.com, but it is a codeshare flight on American Airlines metal (flight is from SAN to PHX, and then another segment a couple days later from PHX to SJC). I've done a search of the forums using several different keyword combinations, but did not find any valuable information.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

OQ
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by onlyquestions

As MVP Gold, do I get the change/cancel fee waiver for all flights booked through Alaska, or just those on Alaska metal? I'm looking at booking a flight on alaskaair.com, but it is a codeshare flight on American Airlines metal (flight is from SAN to PHX, and then another segment a couple days later from PHX to SJC). I've done a search of the forums using several different keyword combinations, but did not find any valuable information.

Cheers,

OQ
The change/cancel fee should be waived. I canceled a codeshare CVG-ORD (AA) ORD-SEA (AS) without penalty as MVPG, and the funds were redeposited in my wallet. The issue is that you can’t use My Wallet funds to book a flight if the itinerary includes a codeshare.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:10 am

Programs: alaska mvp gold
Originally Posted by onlyquestions

Cheers,

OQ
I am mvpg recently cancelled a partner award booking (latam booked using AS miles), the partner booking fee of $12.50 was not refunded but miles and taxes were
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Alex Lucille

I am mvpg recently cancelled a partner award booking (latam booked using AS miles), the partner booking fee of $12.50 was not refunded but miles and taxes were
... which is not a codeshare.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: alaska mvp gold
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward

... which is not a codeshare.
Thanks for the clarification, is there a relevant distinction between the MVPG rules for a partner award booking vs. a codeshare award booking (aside from the $12.5 fee)? LATAM is listed as a codeshare partner right next to American:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...re-information
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Alex Lucille
Thanks for the clarification, is there a relevant distinction between the MVPG rules for a partner award booking vs. a codeshare award booking (aside from the $12.5 fee)? LATAM is listed as a codeshare partner right next to American:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...re-information
Not really, the $12.50 partner fee not being refunded covers the difference.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

and the $12.50 fee is avoidable by starting with an (any) AS segment award booking and then changing it to the desired partner segment & routing during the 24 hours after ticketing
Alex Lucille likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 5:28 pm

Does an MVP member get charged USD125 for canceling an award ticket 24 hours after it's issued? Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 10:21 pm

I paid a $125 change fee for my spouse(MVP). I am MVPG.
Now the new flight there is a schedule change and it is asking me to call reservations.
What do you all suggest?
Can I request the $125 fee back?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
AS won’t refund a change fee that you’ve already paid

however, as a result of a later schedule change exceeding 60 (90?) minutes, you should be able to request pretty much any reasonable alternative (e.g., fly to or from SNA instead of ONT)
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:01 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
If AS flipped your spouse back to the original flight or similar (moved from morning to evening and now back to an AM) that negated the fee charged change, there's nothing to be lost by requesting a refund though.

Last edited by rustykettel; Jan 2, 2020 at 10:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.