Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Take the Dash for Miles Challenge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
I bailed on the survey site once it started asking for my kids' birth dates. Really?!?

Hmm, any reason I can't give "creative" answers?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by PDXpress
I bailed on the survey site once it started asking for my kids' birth dates. Really?!?

do you really think they have any way to know the difference ...? Put whatever you want
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by PDXpress

If you plan to keep doing the surveys, they do check for consistent answers in the demographic section. For kids, I'd probably do the first day of the correct month and correct year in the profile- close enough to any surveys asking about what your 9 year old thinks of lunch kits, but at the point it wouldn't be overly personal data.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:29 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
This is the same group that runs the IHG rewards survey program. After the initial bonus it is NOT worth your time. Too many bait and switch come-ons and too many surveys for which you are not eligible after a few questions. And the amount of points/miles gets lower as time goes along.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:02 pm
vgc

I'm starting to get really annoyed with these surveys. While I do love Alaska miles, it's just not worth 20 minutes for a measly 25 miles.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by vgc
I'm starting to get really annoyed with these surveys. While I do love Alaska miles, it's just not worth 20 minutes for a measly 25 miles.
Hey, that's 1 CPM*

Finally signed up for this- bought a discounted groupon, and met up with some friends for a late lunch. Guess I gotta find an idine place to visit now, and do the survey thing

*cent per minute

Last edited by beckoa; Sep 5, 2017 at 6:14 pm Reason: messed up joke :o
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I don't go for any surveys where the time is high and points are low.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat(Ambssdr on occasion), Hyatt Explr(2023), AS Mileage Plan, Rapid Rewards, Bonvoy Plat
My system now is just put in a wrong age to get kicked out right a way, pocket the 5 points, keep doing it til they give me the 18 pt Pop rewards survey which is breeze. You're allowed up to 5 fails a day.

Basically, gotten it down to 18 + 5(5) = 43 miles in about 10 minutes time or less. Yes, typically do while on the Can. If you can put up with that, that's around 12,000-15,000 miles a year.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by archstenton
My system now is just put in a wrong age to get kicked out right a way, pocket the 5 points, keep doing it til they give me the 18 pt Pop rewards survey which is breeze. You're allowed up to 5 fails a day.

Basically, gotten it down to 18 + 5(5) = 43 miles in about 10 minutes time or less. Yes, typically do while on the Can. If you can put up with that, that's around 12,000-15,000 miles a year.
That was my thought as well. Well except i just got 2 in a row for 25 points for 4 minutes watching commercials. Not bad. Actual timing on one was 2 min. Some are just stupid with 30 min to earn 25 points

Last edited by CDKing; Sep 6, 2017 at 7:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.