Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Take the Dash for Miles Challenge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat(Ambssdr on occasion), Hyatt Explr(2023), AS Mileage Plan, Rapid Rewards, Bonvoy Plat
Take the Dash for Miles Challenge

Anyone else see this.

1,000 miles each for their other programs, Dining, Shopping, and Surveys.

Sounds like you can already be a member of those.

They just added Jersey Mikes in my area for Dining, so buy a sub=1000 miles. Groupon is in Shopping. So buy a $5 groupon =1000 miles.

Opinion Terminal is a little more frustrating. Getting kicked out of surveys most of the time, maybe a 20 minute endeavor to be successful. But still pretty easy.

Dash for Miles Challenge
notquiteaff and beachmouse like this.

Last edited by archstenton; Aug 7, 2017 at 10:36 am
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Thanks! I glanced at the email but thought it was airline partners until I read your post. Just made a purchase through Mileage Plan shopping last week.

ETA: additional Shopping bonuses 8/7-8/18: 300 miles for $125 in purchases, 1000 miles for $350. Could have been 2000 miles additional on that last purchase. Oh well.

Last edited by rustykettel; Aug 7, 2017 at 11:08 am
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Are there any minimums on the Shopping and Dining purchases? When AA ran a similar promo a couple of weeks back they had a $50 minimum for shopping. Don't see it in the terms and conditions right now, but it might pop up there.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:00 pm

I signed up for the survey thing, you get roughly 1 point per minute they estimate the survey to take. So a 15 minute survey might be worth 20 or 25 miles. Not worth it for me.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tedder
I signed up for the survey thing, you get roughly 1 point per minute they estimate the survey to take. So a 15 minute survey might be worth 20 or 25 miles. Not worth it for me.
Yeah - I think that's the new E-Rewards or something like that.

Not worth it long term, for sure, but might be worth one survey for the 1000 points.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
If you're going to do the SSI family of surveys regularly, I think you do best with the United and Le Club Accor versions of their programs.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat(Ambssdr on occasion), Hyatt Explr(2023), AS Mileage Plan, Rapid Rewards, Bonvoy Plat
Thumbs up

Just finished a survey and the bonus 1,000 posted instantly with the regular survey value.

Agree, the SSI isn't that strong, I do it also with United and IHG, but very little after the initial signup bonus. Really, not worth the effort. Would be good though to quickly extend expiring miles as they usually give you 5 miles for getting kicked out of survey.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The one recurring SSI survey that can be really quick and painless is the daily poprewards tv shows one.

It's something like 43 points for the Jet Blue version, and only 18 miles for the Alaska. Except for this promotion when it can become 1018 miles for completion.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:16 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by archstenton
Just finished a survey and the bonus 1,000 posted instantly with the regular survey value.
I checked because you posted this and I did, as well. I got a 600 point survey so I got 1600 points total. It was a lot of pfaffing around with the survey. Once I was allowed to take on, it took 20 minutes instead of the 10 promised, but worth the points to me to do so.

I purchased a Groupon for a local restaurant thru the Shopping Portal ($11 for $25 value).

I'll eat out at a restaurant in the Mileage Dining program within the week. I had already been planning to go there.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
After a bit of futzing around with the profiles and such, ended up with 1600 miles for a survey on...interisland air service in HI. I wish I could take that as a sign that AS is looking at the market, but it looked more like something commissioned by an agency working for HA. Doesn't take too long to say a bunch of times that I fly them because they're the only viable alternative. They do run a good operation, but it's not like I'm going to be switching to Aloha if they don't get their marketing message right.
spamman808 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Didnt qualify for the 600 point survey but got my 1000 + 5 points. Next 600 pointer was the popreqards

Last edited by CDKing; Aug 7, 2017 at 5:53 pm
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:26 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by archstenton
...Opinion Terminal is a little more frustrating.
Is there a link on the AS website for Opinion Terminal? I'm not finding it. ETA: Never mind. Found it.

If it's anything like IHG's proprietary survey program it will be worth it for the sign-up bonus but not thereafter; too much bait-and-switch and low value surveys.

ETA: It IS the same company as IHG's -- the registration process had all of my previously filled-in answers. And the survey I've just gotten is in exactly the same format/interface.

Last edited by cblaisd; Aug 7, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by CDKing
Didnt qualify for the 600 point survey but got my 1000 + 5 points. Next 600 pointer was the popreqards
did poprewards too.

quickest 1,600 alaska miles of my life:-)
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
did poprewards too.

quickest 1,600 alaska miles of my life:-)
So it seems its the first full survey qualified for that earns 600 even if you get turned down (and earn 5 points) for the first few. After that spent way too much time just to earn 30 points on the next 20 min survey.

So easy to get to minimum 1600 but waste of time to earn more.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Got a 400 survey plus 2 that I didn't qualify for. Easy 1420 miles though wouldn't spend much time for anything beyond that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.