Search

AS Status Calculator Tool

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mike28
I have updated the Calculator tool. You can download it with this link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Ym...ew?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you find any issues.
Hope this help!
SQ now has a PE L class that has been added to the SQ charts for earnings in MP.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Gold 1MM (the unfriendly sky), Marriott Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz no longer
I have updated the Calculator Sheet to match all the changes for 2020 including the new earning table on 1/1/20 for QF.
The following were updated: new QF earning table, added X fare on AS table, updated R fare on JL int, added L fare on SQ, merger of Ravn & PenAir.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LPo...ew?usp=sharing

PS: you need to download the Sheet to use in Excel as the database functions used are not compatible with GoogleSheet.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 1:43 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Thank you!!
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:05 pm

It looks like a roundup formula needs to be wrapped around the mileage calculations. I'm just a few miles off due to this when reconciling against the spreadsheet this year.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:37 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
This is to say thanks for all who have put something into this calculator.

Today, I finally loaded Excel so the pull-downs in the restricted entry cells work. Previously I was using only Google Sheets.
williwaw likes this.
Old May 29, 2020, 5:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Gold 1MM (the unfriendly sky), Marriott Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz no longer
I will update the Excel tool to reflect the new earning table for CX & EK. I don't like changes in the middle of the year as it makes it hard to account for flights before & after the change.
In the meantime, the best way to account for the changes is to change the fare inside the sheet for CX flights after June 1st & EK flights after July 1st.
Here are the fare changes to do:
CX:
P -> J
E, R -> Y
B, H, K -> L
L, M, V -> Q

EK:
P, H -> Y
Q, L, T, V, X -> G
for W, M, B, U, K there is a need of a new 75% category, so the only way now is to increase the base miles by 50% so that the old 50% calculation will give you 75%.
Old May 29, 2020, 9:49 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Thank you. Where is the updated Excel sheet located?
Old May 31, 2020, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Thank you. Where is the updated Excel sheet located?
The Excel sheet has not yet been updated with the new CX & EK earning tables, I am quite busy this month, but the current one with tables pre June/July 1st is located at:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LPo...ew?usp=sharing

I will make a post with a link when the new tables are in.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 5:00 pm

I just posted an updated Excel sheet with the new CX & EK earning tables.
For most, it may not be important to track EQM this year as the statuses will be extended into next year.
For all the bonus EQM & RDM programs this year, you can use the EQM_adjustment & RDM_adjustment to manually add the extras miles you get.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O-P...ew?usp=sharing
cblaisd and TravelingZoomer like this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 1:04 pm

Please forgive a simple (and not mileage related) question - I've been a basic Excel user for a long time, and I'm interested in using Excel for more things. Where (if there is a where) is the information residing in the Excel sheet that the calculations are based on? For example, on my own (simple) spreadsheets, I would have another tab that contained all of the "back end", if that's the right word, data that the EQM and and RQM calculations come from. Obviously, that data is still there somewhere in this sheet - for educational purposes, can you point me in the direction of where the data/tables are?

Thanks!

Danski

Last edited by Danski; Jun 8, 2020 at 1:17 pm
Old Jun 8, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Danski
Please forgive a simple (and not mileage related) question - I've been a basic Excel user for a long time, and I'm interested in using Excel for more things. Where (if there is a where) is the information residing in the Excel sheet that the calculations are based on? For example, on my own (simple) spreadsheets, I would have another tab that contained all of the "back end", if that's the right word, data that the EQM and and RQM calculations come from. Obviously, that data is still there somewhere in this sheet - for educational purposes, can you point me in the direction of where the data/tables are?

Thanks!

Danski
Right click on the "Miles Calculator" sheet/tab and click Unhide.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10
Right click on the "Miles Calculator" sheet/tab and click Unhide.
Thank you very much!!
Old Dec 19, 2020, 9:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
AS Elite mileage earning: FC vs. Coach on AS

On AS metal, paid first class tickets earn 1.75x of paid coach, in both base miles and redeemable miles.

Does it earn 1.75 of elite bonuses as well? For example, If I fly 1,000 miles in first as a MVP Gold (2x earnings), do I earn:

1,000 x 1.75x (FC bonus) for 1,750 EQM, and x2 (MVPG bonus) = 3,500 RDM? *or*, is it:
1,000 x 1.75x (FC bonus) for 1,750 EQM, and + 750 (base miles x an additional .75x) = 2,750 RDM?

TIA, and apologies if I missed a discussion of this somewhere.

Last edited by DaveH; Dec 19, 2020 at 10:05 am
Old Dec 19, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by DaveH
On AS metal, paid first class tickets earn 1.75x of paid coach, in both base miles and redeemable miles.

Does it earn 1.75 of elite bonuses as well? For example, If I fly 1,000 miles in first as a MVP Gold (2x earnings), do I earn:

1,000 x 1.75x (FC bonus) for 1,7500 EQM, and x2 (MVPG bonus) = 3,500 RDM? *or*, is it:
1,000 x 1.75x (FC bonus) for 1,7500 EQM, and + 750 (base miles x an additional .75x) = 2,750 RDM?

TIA, and apologies if I missed a discussion of this somewhere.
Your RDM is (Flight Distance) x (1.75) + (flight distance). So on a single 1000 mile flight you'll get (1000) x (1.75) + 1000 (MVPG Bonus) = 2750 RDM. EQM would be the 1000 x 1.75.

The additional EQM/RDM will show in your "Bonus" calculation within your activity though. So on a SEA-DEN segment (almost 1k), the base is 1024 miles + 1792 bonus, which is the sum of 1024 distance + 768 (.75x1024).

Last edited by dayone; Dec 19, 2020 at 11:32 am Reason: Redact circular link after merge.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for your quick reply, safari ari!

It does sound like my second estimate was correct then, and class of service multiplier does NOT multiply status bonuses.

That seems to quite dis-incentivise FC travel by elites. First, they're likely to score comp UGs anyway, so less reason to pay up for a better product. Second, they get effectively a lower miles multiplier than elites receive.

As for the status calculator, I'm having issues:

-The link in the OP of that status calc thread is bad, says file deleted.
-Downthread, there is another link to a google drive from June for 2020 status, I believe it is the most current version, but...
-My attempts to "save a copy" and work with that time out when I try to select the airline in column f (using chrome)...not sure what's wrong?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.