Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Status Calculator Tool

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Great spreadsheet. Thank you, thank you!

If Voldoo is considering updating it for 2019, a couple of suggestions:

1) an "Accumulated RQM" column would be nice.
2) Adding an airline called "RQM ONLY" (or BONUS or CREDIT CARD) would allow users to track miles (from credit card spend, for instance) that are RQM but not EQM. For instance, one could add "RQM ONLY, 1773, September CC Spend."

Those two changes would not only help people track status goals, but also track redeemable goals.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:05 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
@Voldoo

Originally Posted by twitch76

2) Adding an airline called "RQM ONLY" (or BONUS or CREDIT CARD) would allow users to track miles (from credit card spend, for instance) that are RQM but not EQM. For instance, one could add "RQM ONLY, 1773, September CC Spend."

Those two changes would not only help people track status goals, but also track redeemable goals.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:31 pm

@Voldoo
This is fabulous, thank you! I'm trying to squeeze out another year of MPVG despite the fact that losing the AA leg accrual has made it much more difficult.

Since I'm picking it up this late in the year, I entered my EQM and AS EQM, but it's not calculating my AS EQMs correctly in column P. It seems like the formulas for column O should reference B10 (Beginning EQM) and the formulas for column P should reference B11 (Beginning AS EQM). Instead, both reference B10.

Please let me know if this is user error on my part?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Originally Posted by bethmv
@Voldoo
This is fabulous, thank you! I'm trying to squeeze out another year of MPVG despite the fact that losing the AA leg accrual has made it much more difficult.

Since I'm picking it up this late in the year, I entered my EQM and AS EQM, but it's not calculating my AS EQMs correctly in column P. It seems like the formulas for column O should reference B10 (Beginning EQM) and the formulas for column P should reference B11 (Beginning AS EQM). Instead, both reference B10.

Please let me know if this is user error on my part?
Hello bethmv,

No user error at all on your part; there have been several errors in previous versions and the FT community has been kind enough to point these out for the benefit of everyone. You are correct about the incorrect cell reference. I have fixed the version on my end and updated the links, so feel free to download another copy if you wish and you should be good to go.

A description of the error is below for anyone else who is already using the spreadsheet and wishes to make the change mannually.

EDIT: I realized that the formula in Column P contained an error that would have caused bethmv's issue described above. The spreadsheet has been fixed so any new versions can be downloaded with the links previously provided.

For those wishing to make the correction mannually,
Starting in Cell P5, the original (and incorrect) formula read: =IF(M5=0,0,$B$10+SUMIF($F$5:F5,"Alaska_Airlines",$M$5:M5))
The formula should have referred to cell B11 and instead been stated correctly as: =IF(M5=0,0,$B$11+SUMIF($F$5:F5,"Alaska_Airlines",$M$5:M5))

Again, this correction has been made on the link, but users can change this mannually using the above fix if they wish.

Voldoo.

Last edited by Voldoo; Sep 6, 2018 at 3:51 am
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum

Both great ideas. I update the spreadsheet to include these changes, so feel free to re-dowload if you wish.

1) There is now a column Q that tracks accumulated RQMs
2) I have added 2 new "airlines": one called RQM_Adjustment and one called EQM adjustment. If a user selects either of these as the "Airline" (and then ADJ as the Fare Class) the spreadsheet will use whatever value is in Column H to mannually adjust the EQMs and RQMs as specified. This will be useful for thoses bonuses or credit card spending that the spreadsheet did not originally track.

Hope this helps, thanks for your suggestions twitch76 and for the bump cblaisd.

Last edited by Voldoo; Sep 6, 2018 at 4:24 am
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Voldoo
Both great ideas. I update the spreadsheet to include these changes, so feel free to re-dowload if you wish.

1) There is now a column Q that tracks accumulated RQMs
2) I have added 2 new "airlines": one called RQM_Adjustment and one called EQM adjustment. If a user selects either of these as the "Airline" (and then ADJ as the Fare Class) the spreadsheet will use whatever value is in Column H to mannually adjust the EQMs and RQMs as specified. This will be useful for thoses bonuses or credit card spending that the spreadsheet did not originally track.

Hope this helps, thanks for your suggestions twitch76 and for the bump cblaisd.
@Voldoo

Oooh... thanks!

One quick thing... (at least, I hope it's quick) Right now, it looks like column N is applying the Elite Multiplier to points earned through the ADJ fare code.

In other words, if I enter RQM_Adjustment ADJ 30,000 Credit Card Bonus, then column N shows 45,000 points, because I am MVP.

Last edited by twitch76; Sep 6, 2018 at 9:58 am
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:01 am
Original Poster

@Voldoo

Oooh... thanks!

One quick thing... (at least, I hope it's quick) Right now, it looks like column N is applying the Elite Multiplier to points earned through the ADJ fare code.

In other words, if I enter RQM_Adjustment ADJ 30,000 Credit Card Bonus, then column N shows 45,000 points, because I am MVP.
Thanks, didn't really test the changes thoroughly, but this has been fixed. You can re-download with the existing link.
twitch76 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
Just a quick note to say that your "last edit" date still shows 12/8/2017.

Great tool, thanks.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:26 pm

The RQM earned column (N) seems to be applying a status bonus (100% for MVPG) on the class of service bonus (75% for P).
For a 1000 mile flight, it's doing (1000*1.75)*2 = 3500, but it should be (1000*1.75)+1000 = 2750.

Am I correct?
Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by altonho
The RQM earned column (N) seems to be applying a status bonus (100% for MVPG) on the class of service bonus (75% for P).
For a 1000 mile flight, it's doing (1000*1.75)*2 = 3500, but it should be (1000*1.75)+1000 = 2750.

Am I correct?
Thanks.
Yes, I believe you are. There seems to be a problem calculating the RQMs that I'm surprised wasn't pointed out earlier. I believe I've made the correction so please feel free to re download
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:59 am

@Voldoo

I've got a funny one... maybe you can help. Neither the most recent spreadsheet or the version before that matched what Alaska gave me. Let's see if I can explain it.

I'm MVP. Recently flew SAN-SJC, which is 417 miles. I booked G going up, and M coming back. I ended up flying U in both directions, as a complimentary upgrade within t-48. (I don't think that makes any difference, but I'm providing the information just in case.)

The spreadsheet calculated the G fare correctly, but not the M fare. The prior spreadsheet version calculated the M fare as EQM:625 and RQM:938. The most recent version calculated it as EQM:625 and RQM:750.

Alaska actually awarded EQM:625 and RQM:875.

So I *think* that the current version is calculating RQM as 500+250, when Alaska calculated 625+250.

I don't know if that's easily fixed or not -- I can do quite a bit with Excel, but I get lost in parsing the logic formulas!
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:28 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
@Voldoo , will you be updating this for 2019?

Absolutely invaluable tool.

Thank you again!
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:45 am

I believe all you will have to do is add Saver Fares to the AS fare class sheet.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Just want to add more massive kudos for this tool - it literally saved my ability to get MVP Gold again this year. My own EQM calculations were disastrously wrong before I found this sheet in late November - I was able to book the right travel in Dec (rocking those cheap P/Ys with a couple of Ms).

I do think there is a bug for class of service and RQM - as pointed out by other posters. I just flew PDX to SFO (550 miles) on M class (25% class of service bonus). It should have been 1,238 RQMs: (550*2)+(550*.25). Instead the sheet has it as 1,375, which must be doing (550+550*.25)*2. My total RQMs for 2017 were off by a few thousand in the sheet because of these class of service math errors. EQMs though - spot on!
Old May 28, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: AA, CX, AS, DL / Hilton, SPG
This is a fantastic tool, thank you!

This is a stupid question but are AS + Partners summed for EQM? If I have 85K EQM from partners and 5K on AS, is my total EQM 90K or 85K?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.