Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS (and VX) Moved to T7 at JFK; New Alaska Lounge (April, 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Present state(as of 4/30/18)
  • AS/VX flights consolidated from T8/T4 to T7 in late 2017
  • Terminal 7 under construction
    • No TSA Precheck
    • Limited restaurant choices
  • Lounges:
    • Purchased day pass option revoked for Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse in T4
    • Alaska Lounge in T7 opened on April 30 2018. Accepts Priority Pass (usual caveats apply, see Priority Pass Denied Entry thread). Will be open 5 AM-10 PM, except 5 AM-5 PM on Saturdays.
    • No day pass access to BA lounge
Print Wikipost

AS (and VX) Moved to T7 at JFK; New Alaska Lounge (April, 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2023, 11:05 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
What's the timeframe for the arrival of those airlines again?
I'm going through there later this month...
Old Feb 12, 2023, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by mildfrequence
What's the timeframe for the arrival of those airlines again?
I'm going through there later this month...
SAS had just resumed its JFK operations as of a few days ago (Feb 9, I think) 5x weekly in winter season (now) to 1x daily between JFK and CPH

AC is re-entering JFK T7 late March (2x daily JFK and YYZ + 1x daily between JFK and YUL)

UA is still sour grapes more slots couldn't be obtained and packed up again last year
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 9:47 pm

Programs: Alaska Air Miles
Originally Posted by Repooc17
SAS had just resumed its JFK operations as of a few days ago (Feb 9, I think) 5x weekly in winter season (now) to 1x daily between JFK and CPH

AC is re-entering JFK T7 late March (2x daily JFK and YYZ + 1x daily between JFK and YUL)

UA is still sour grapes more slots couldn't be obtained and packed up again last year
I was able to catch the end of the SAS Maiden Voyage flight last week. Lots of people there, but the plane was late and they didn’t start boarding until at least 30 minutes after the scheduled departure time. I think they are starting out 3-5 flights per week and then in the spring they will be doing 6-7 per week (with some exceptions).

Some very tasty snacks
Old Apr 2, 2023, 12:48 pm

Had a pretty good experience at T7 last week.

I don't have Pre-check, but it seems like you no longer have to take anything out of your bags (which was pleasant since my backpack was overstuffed and had multiple things that normally would needed to have been taken out). No "laptops, tablets, out!"

In fact, the only things we even to take out of our pockets were metal objects (no "Nothing in your pockets! Nothing in your pockets, not even a tissue!")

I'm guessing they've upgraded the machines? Way easier process.

First time I've been through Terminal 7 since the Alaska Lounge stopped taking Priority Pass, but they were offering half off day passes, which seemed like a pretty good value. I wonder if they're seeing too little revenue without the Priority Passes and are having to find a compromise. There were only about 4-5 other people in the lounge when I was there. I wonder if the departure of some airlines from Terminal 7 plus no longer taking PP hit their numbers harder than just one or the other.
be_rettSEA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.