Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Awaiting Seats

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2023, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Awaiting Seats

How does awaiting seats after check in clear? Does top of list start in first available seat front to back or is there another algo? Does basic ticket get treated differently than other farebuckets?

Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 8:55 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
You need to be careful to interpret the “awaiting seats” list.

This list organizes the following:
1. Confirmed passengers with no seats assigned. (Including saver fares)
2. Revenue standby.
3. Employee deadheading or AOG type of priority’s.
4. all other non rev travel.

For example I was revenue standby - 100k and was 8th on the list. All people ahead was pax on saver fares waiting to get a seat.

so this is a “catch” all list for everyone waiting to go and get seats. Where other carriers you generally don’t see the confirmed with no seats listed and it’s purely an unconfirmed standby list.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 9:02 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Not sure this is the correct thread, but I've been "awaiting seats" for a Saver flight at the end of April. Got seats assigned today (and good ones at that) - more than 3 weeks out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.