Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2018 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call ...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by beckoa
It used to be a Saturday Night update after the miles posted.

However, this seems to have been updated~ and now updates within a couple days, if not overnight (as you've experienced).
My Dec 26 flights taking me over 50k posted yesterday, but status incorrectly showed as MVP. Status updated to MVPG overnight. AS nonetheless sent me the wrong email today welcoming me to MVP
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by metaldirtnskin
My experience so far has been that those later flights to EUG, from PDX or SEA, are pretty consistently late or cancelled when the house of cards falls apart earlier in the day. And since AS only operates to those two cities (and keeps cutting flights while other airlines are adding them) it's harder to take them seriously as the airline of choice. UA, who I hate with the fire of a thousand suns, operates to DEN, SFO, LAX, and just announced ORD. You do the math... but I guess this is getting a little off topic for this thread so I should just let it drop there.
Not to minimize your experience - I totally get it - but Q400 service in Oregon in the winter is often a PITA. Between snow, fog, or other events, the system can get fouled up pretty quick with those planes. Add the SEA delays that hit the smaller equipment harder and its a recipe of frustration.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
Requalified for MVPG on 12/29 but the flight didn't post till today so I flew as a lowly MVP last night on the return leg. I doubt I'll requal again, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts this year.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got MVPG status but no welcome email. I'll take it!
PaperGlider likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Just as I expected! Congratulations on Gold. It will be interesting to see if your Dec 31st flight posts tonight with the 100% Elite Bonus. In theory, it should.

James
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I received the MVPG email today -- a few days after qualifying.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Plat, and a bunch of other stuff I guess
Originally Posted by williwaw
Not to minimize your experience - I totally get it - but Q400 service in Oregon in the winter is often a PITA. Between snow, fog, or other events, the system can get fouled up pretty quick with those planes. Add the SEA delays that hit the smaller equipment harder and its a recipe of frustration.
No argument here, in fact that's partly my point... AS is trying to compete with the Q400 against others with mainline aircraft or E175/CRJ7 at worst. We'll just have to see what this year brings.
(yeah, I said I was gonna let it drop... )
williwaw likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Two milage run flights to keep MVP Gold - one on 12/30, one on 12/31 (PDX DAL and back, F to get the EQM bonus - relatively cheap flights). The 12/30 flight has posted, but here I sit on 1/3 ready to take my second flight of the year and I'm still at a mere MVP.

The good news - my flight on 1/2 boarding pass said MVP Gold, even though it wasn't posted yet.

Bad news - my flight back on 1/4 that I just checked in for - MVP. And I'm not even on the waitlist. Seems crazy that Alaska would force people to be in a lower tier when they are just waiting for the miles the status to update. I'll try checking in again later tonight or tomorrow to see if MVP Gold picks up on the boarding pass, and I'll be sure to make sure I get my gold bonus miles if they don't post properly for these two 2019 flights.

Last edited by pdxsfo; Jan 3, 2019 at 9:54 pm Reason: airport code with colon turned into an emoticon
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pdxsfo
Two milage run flights to keep MVP Gold - one on 12/30, one on 12/31 (PDX DAL and back, F to get the EQM bonus - relatively cheap flights). The 12/30 flight has posted, but here I sit on 1/3 ready to take my second flight of the year and I'm still at a mere MVP.

The good news - my flight on 1/2 boarding pass said MVP Gold, even though it wasn't posted yet.

Bad news - my flight back on 1/4 that I just checked in for - MVP. And I'm not even on the waitlist. Seems crazy that Alaska would force people to be in a lower tier when they are just waiting for the miles the status to update. I'll try checking in again later tonight or tomorrow to see if MVP Gold picks up on the boarding pass, and I'll be sure to make sure I get my gold bonus miles if they don't post properly for these two 2019 flights.
Even as an MVP you still should be on the upgrade list. I would call AS to ensure you are.

James
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:27 pm

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by metaldirtnskin
No argument here, in fact that's partly my point... AS is trying to compete with the Q400 against others with mainline aircraft or E175/CRJ7 at worst. We'll just have to see what this year brings.
(yeah, I said I was gonna let it drop... )
i am sorry I am a little off topic here, but I fly SEA--MFR every month or so, and I have switched to DL starting a couple months ago. Delta usually match or beat AS prices, and there is just no contest between E175 and Q400, especially my status with DL always get me free upgrades on this route, although this is a short flight, in which F cabin is not a critical factor when considering ticket purchases,
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Just as I expected! Congratulations on Gold. It will be interesting to see if your Dec 31st flight posts tonight with the 100% Elite Bonus. In theory, it should.

James
Unfortunately, no. I may call to request it. It's only 250 miles, but it's the principle
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BW Flyer

i am sorry I am a little off topic here, but I fly SEA--MFR every month or so, and I have switched to DL starting a couple months ago. Delta usually match or beat AS prices, and there is just no contest between E175 and Q400, especially my status with DL always get me free upgrades on this route, although this is a short flight, in which F cabin is not a critical factor when considering ticket purchases,
...but then you have to fly DL...
osubeavers01 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: AS Peon
12/31 flights posted last night, and MVP status showed up over night! Just waiting on the email from AS now.

Is there anyway to confirm that the reservations that I have for this year are updated with my status? I don't have any for about 2 weeks, so it's not a rush if they'll eventually get updated with it.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
And the big kicker here (at least for me) is that I would never be able to meet the revenue requirement for even DL Silver so the DL option is a non-starter as long as I only need 20K on AS for MVP.
DrAlex likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
I know, the sky peso program sucks. But (1) AS basically lost all their domestic partners, and no matter what other AS lovers here try to tell you, AS is still a regional carrier that can't take me to most Midwest and southeast cities; (2) with all the recent devaluation of the MP, BE fare, and elimination of some of the elite benefits, the AS MP program is barely a couple steps above the sky peso program; (3) IMO the DL cabin and in flight services in F and PE beats AS, and (4) I got it, like the other AS lover poster mentioned in another thread, airline loyalty programs including the MP is all about squeezing money out of those FFs to enhance profit, so I will spend my money on other airlines whom would give me better value and/or better schedule than AS. I no longer give my blind loyalty to AS. It has to earn my business.

i have no illusion on the sky peso program, and the MP is still a cut above most other FF programs in the US. But who knows, the way the MP is on a downward trend, it may be down to the same level as the Big3 in terms of elite benefits in the next couple of years.

In order to pretend I am still on topic, I am happy to report I requalified G75K back in late October.��

Last edited by BW Flyer; Jan 4, 2019 at 8:52 pm Reason: Corrected punctuation errors

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.