Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by robsaw
Well, I tried this and both Alaska and Condor refused to book seats for me in Business Class. AS agent called their international partner desk and stated they "don't even have a number to call for seat bookings" - really? I have a business class award booking YVR-FRA-NAP. The first leg I could use the Condor PNR on Lufthansa to book seats but wouldn't let me for the 2nd leg. Issue may be that AS shows European connection as "I" booking class, which is business on long-haul but shows as economy on intra-Europe short/med-haul flights, even though the award availability at booking and in the AS reservation shows both legs as "Business".

Teething problems, I guess.
It's also possible -- and I'm just speculating -- that Condor doesn't open up intra-Europe seat bookings for any class until closer to flight departure. I recall running into this on BA and other European airlines before, where I could select seats for Business/First from the US to Europe, but could not book seats on the intra-Europe legs. Again, just a guess.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
It's also possible -- and I'm just speculating -- that Condor doesn't open up intra-Europe seat bookings for any class until closer to flight departure. I recall running into this on BA and other European airlines before, where I could select seats for Business/First from the US to Europe, but could not book seats on the intra-Europe legs. Again, just a guess.
OK, after a little playing around on the Condor site, I can dummy book and select seats in "Premium" class on FRA-NAP (Condor 1812) on SOME days. Those days being when Condor uses their own metal, however the day I have booked is on a day when Bul Air operates the flight (seems like a wet lease not a codeshare) and it gives a "technical error" when trying to select seats.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Just booked a Condor J roundtrip to Frankfurt.

Looking at https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...er-overview:DE

are these earnings as an MVPG correct?

Redeemable: 400% (100% + 100% class bonus + 100% "additional bonus" + 100% MVPG bonus)

Elite qualifying: 200% (100% + 100% class bonus)

On a side note, it seems like Condor is using the United lounge in Portland (website says lounge is across from gate E1).

Last edited by notquiteaff; Jun 7, 2017 at 12:30 pm
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Just booked a Condor J roundtrip to Frankfurt.

Looking at https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...er-overview:DE

are these earnings as an MVPG correct?

Redeemable: 400% (100% + 100% class bonus + 100% "additional bonus" + 100% MVPG bonus)

Elite qualifying: 200% (100% + 100% class bonus)
That is correct. As a MVPG, you should end up with about 42k redeemable miles and 21k elite miles for the full round-trip.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by quemalo
That is correct. As a MVPG, you should end up with about 42k redeemable miles and 21k elite miles for the full round-trip.
I only got 100% for paid Business Class on Condor. Isn't the "additional" bonus only for AS elites up to a total of 200%? Base miles aren't really a bonus.

Cabin Base miles earned Cabin bonus Additional bonus
Business Class 100% 100% 100%
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by fly747first
I only got 100% for paid Business Class on Condor. Isn't the "additional" bonus only for AS elites up to a total of 200%? Base miles aren't really a bonus.

Cabin Base miles earned Cabin bonus Additional bonus
Business Class 100% 100% 100%
No, the additional bonus is separate from elite bonuses. The cabin bonus is for both EQM and RDM, additional bonus is RDM only, plus elite bonus (50-125%).

Member: 200% EQM / 300% RDM
MVP: 200% EQM / 350% RDM
Gold: 200% EQM / 400% RDM
75K: 200% EQM / 425% RDM

Alaska's crediting in account activity is not very clear, imo, as EQM and RDM are lumped together in the bonus miles category along with any miles for the 500 mile minimum (unlikely to be applicable here of course).
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rustykettel
No, the additional bonus is separate from elite bonuses. The cabin bonus is for both EQM and RDM, additional bonus is RDM only, plus elite bonus (50-125%).

Member: 200% EQM / 300% RDM
MVP: 200% EQM / 350% RDM
Gold: 200% EQM / 400% RDM
75K: 200% EQM / 425% RDM

Alaska's crediting in account activity is not very clear, imo, as EQM and RDM are lumped together in the bonus miles category along with any miles for the 500 mile minimum (unlikely to be applicable here of course).
Why does Alaska state bonus and separate additional bonus then? I'm looking at my account and my YYZ-FRA flight only earned the standard mileage plus 100% bonus for paid J on Condor:

Activity date Activity type Status Miles Bonus Total
05/03/2017 CONDOR AIRLINES
Flight 2403 YYZ FRA Credited
3,955 3,955 7,910

AND

Year-to-date Alaska/partner* qualifying miles
Flown:
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:59 pm

Why does Alaska state bonus and separate additional bonus then? I'm looking at my account and my YYZ-FRA flight only earned the standard mileage plus 100% bonus for paid J on Condor:

Activity date Activity type Status Miles Bonus Total
05/03/2017 CONDOR AIRLINES
Flight 2403 YYZ FRA Credited
3,955 3,955 7,910

AND

Year-to-date Alaska/partner* qualifying miles
Flown:
The cabin bonus (class of service bonus) is separate because it applies to both EQM and RDM while the additional bonus is just RDM. It looks from the above that the cabin bonus posted correctly (your YTD miles are double), it's just missing the additional bonus. I'd call Mileage Plan customer service and see why the additional bonus didn't post automatically.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rustykettel
The cabin bonus (class of service bonus) is separate because it applies to both EQM and RDM while the additional bonus is just RDM. It looks from the above that the cabin bonus posted correctly (your YTD miles are double), it's just missing the additional bonus. I'd call Mileage Plan customer service and see why the additional bonus didn't post automatically.
I called Alaska and they said there is no additional bonus.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:13 pm

I called Alaska and they said there is no additional bonus.
Uhm, ok. I'd call them back, point to the clear additional bonus on earning chart on the Mileage Plan Condor page

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rs/condor.aspx

and request a supervisor if given an unsatisfactory answer.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
This question might be a longshot, but hey that's what FT is for. Has anyone who also has *G flown since the partnership went into effect and had a connection on LH in Europe? If so, were you able to put your *G number (e.g. UA) into your LH reservation before the connecting flight? I'm flying FRA-SZG after the DE flight and it would be nice to have lounge access in FRA. I wouldn't want to screw up the credit for the DE flight to AS, though I'm not sure how likely that would be.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by nookanaya
This question might be a longshot, but hey that's what FT is for. Has anyone who also has *G flown since the partnership went into effect and had a connection on LH in Europe? If so, were you able to put your *G number (e.g. UA) into your LH reservation before the connecting flight? I'm flying FRA-SZG after the DE flight and it would be nice to have lounge access in FRA. I wouldn't want to screw up the credit for the DE flight to AS, though I'm not sure how likely that would be.
You can usually use a different FF card than the FF account on your ticket to get into a lounge. Although I have never done it at an LX lounge...
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:09 pm

I don't think you can credit DE to UA so even if your MileagePlus number somehow got on there, it shouldn't credit and you could then request credit from AS.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by SFOPeter
You can usually use a different FF card than the FF account on your ticket to get into a lounge. Although I have never done it at an LX lounge...
They do ask for the card at LH lounges, even if the *G account is on the ticket. I would imagine as long as the NAME is the same, you should be good.
That is a good play to use an LH connecting flight to get access to the lounge, I'll have to remember that.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
A couple of questions for those who have flown Condor recently from the US:

- I have an AS flight connecting to a Condor flight to Germany (one PNR). Can AS agents print Condor boarding passes? (hoping online checkin works, but if not, would hate to leave the secure area at PDX)

- Can either AS or Condor gate agents at the departure gate add my AS MP number to the DE part of the reservation? I just spent the last hour listening to the Condor hold music and when I finally got an agent, she told me that they can't add the number and that I have to do it at the airport or during online checkin. Alaska's partner page for DE says

Adding a Mileage Plan number to an existing reservation: Please call Condor at 1-866-960-7915.

- How strict are DE gate agents about weight limits on carry-on bags? I am traveling in business class and will have a regular US-sized rollaboard and a smallish backpack with electronics. Read threads on A.net that mentioned newish large overhead bins and agents weighing luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.