FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)
Old May 24, 2017, 9:14 am
Seattlenerd

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by robsaw
Well, I tried this and both Alaska and Condor refused to book seats for me in Business Class. AS agent called their international partner desk and stated they "don't even have a number to call for seat bookings" - really? I have a business class award booking YVR-FRA-NAP. The first leg I could use the Condor PNR on Lufthansa to book seats but wouldn't let me for the 2nd leg. Issue may be that AS shows European connection as "I" booking class, which is business on long-haul but shows as economy on intra-Europe short/med-haul flights, even though the award availability at booking and in the AS reservation shows both legs as "Business".

Teething problems, I guess.
It's also possible -- and I'm just speculating -- that Condor doesn't open up intra-Europe seat bookings for any class until closer to flight departure. I recall running into this on BA and other European airlines before, where I could select seats for Business/First from the US to Europe, but could not book seats on the intra-Europe legs. Again, just a guess.