Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2023, 2:20 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Their A333 seems decently appointed at least?
Old Feb 14, 2023, 5:25 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Originally Posted by kseaflyr
Yup just got the email notification that my flight in mid April will be Air Belgium...I guess it could be worse but still disappointed.
Seems LAX is now getting the neo first vs seattle
Old Feb 14, 2023, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by boycruz
Perhaps because they only have a couple flights a week to LAX, so they don’t need more than one frame for that route to be consistent?

When do they have the neo scheduled to start the LAX route?
Old Feb 15, 2023, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Perhaps because they only have a couple flights a week to LAX, so they don’t need more than one frame for that route to be consistent?

When do they have the neo scheduled to start the LAX route?
March
spouse is on it FRA-LAX 28 Mar unless it changes again!
Old Feb 15, 2023, 5:34 am

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by boycruz
I’m on DE 2032, FRA-SEA tomorrow (2/16) and it’s a A330 Neo.
QT31415, tobikosan and mpeterson78 like this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
I’m on DE 2032, FRA-SEA tomorrow (2/16) and it’s a A330 Neo.
looking at schedules seems a week of seattle a week of jfk a few weeks LAX
maybe its the neo tour!
Old Feb 16, 2023, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Looks like the inaugural flight of the Neos on the FRA-JFK route happened recently. I don’t link to (or read) TPG much, but they have lots of pics in this trip report:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/condor...irbus-a330neo/
Old Mar 1, 2023, 9:45 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
25K Economy/55K Business Summer Awards Released

Seem Condor released some cheap 25K Economy/55K Business award levels for summer travel. I see lots of available dates.

The one drawback is the new economy seats on the new A330. It will have 30 inch pitch with less padded seats. It make Etihad A330 more attractive in regards to comfort....

Jiburi
QT31415 and mildfrequence like this.

Last edited by jiburi; Mar 1, 2023 at 10:01 am
Old Mar 11, 2023, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Erasmus
Been there, done that. Unless you are lucky enough to get DE web checkin to work (I was not), you will indeed need to trek to T1 landslide to check in, and then journey back to TBIT, in which case the bus is indeed the most expedient. If, however, you are able to obtain a BP through another manner, you can just head to TBIT airside.
Well, I was able to get cajole the condor.com site into issuing me a boarding pass for tomorrow's LAX-FRA. Nice, so I can stay at the Amex lounge for countless hours and don't have to go to T1 and then back to TBIT.

Surprisingly, the system showed me my AS frequent flyer number during the checking process. Not sure how it got ahold of that - maybe from the AS segment that is part of the reservation? From a previous ticket? And then the printed boarding pass shows "FQTV: None".

I didn't see a way to enter a KTN. Condor's website (on this page with expired cert) says "Although we support TSA Pre for US departure airports, you are not able to enter your Known Traveller Number into your Condor booking in advance. Please provide your KTN during the Online Check-in or when you check-in at the airport." Oh well, as long as I don't have to exit the sterile area, it shouldn't matter... this time.

Also looks like the WAMOS days on this route are over for now and they are using the Etihad A330 again.
minhaoxue likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Well, I was able to get cajole the condor.com site into issuing me a boarding pass for tomorrow's LAX-FRA. Nice, so I can stay at the Amex lounge for countless hours and don't have to go to T1 and then back to TBIT.

Surprisingly, the system showed me my AS frequent flyer number during the checking process. Not sure how it got ahold of that - maybe from the AS segment that is part of the reservation? From a previous ticket? And then the printed boarding pass shows "FQTV: None".

I didn't see a way to enter a KTN. Condor's website (on this page with expired cert) says "Although we support TSA Pre for US departure airports, you are not able to enter your Known Traveller Number into your Condor booking in advance. Please provide your KTN during the Online Check-in or when you check-in at the airport." Oh well, as long as I don't have to exit the sterile area, it shouldn't matter... this time.

Also looks like the WAMOS days on this route are over for now and they are using the Etihad A330 again.
I think I just had the bad luck to have Wamos operating on the week that I flew FRA-LAX

Condor's website is crazy bad as far as being able to input data or modify anything. If Condor seriously wants to offer a lower cost but competitive quality biz class product for travelers originating in USA, they need to up the game, especially for connecting itineraries. It may be totally fine for Germany originating travelers who seek a discounted good business class. But it's missing features and services for USA originating passengers...
minhaoxue likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by seacarl
It may be totally fine for Germany originating travelers who seek a discounted good business class. But it's missing features and services for USA originating passengers...

In the end , Condor is a leisure air carrier and they advertise themselves like that. They have little incentive to expand their website or to provide a business class experience. Their soft product is good and now that they are flying their new aircraft, their hard product is better than LH, IMO. They still are at least 50% cheaper than the legacy carriers on their US-German flights.

I have taken 2 TA flights with them so far. I was quite pleased when they correctly credited my Alaska account the first time but my 2nd flight a few weeks back was a total disaster and I now have to go through the pain of trying to get them to credit me my miles. At least it is at the beginning of the year and I have 9 months to get them to credit my Alaska account.
notquiteaff likes this.

Last edited by minhaoxue; Mar 12, 2023 at 11:09 pm
Old Apr 1, 2023, 9:31 am

I have flown condor several times

always in business class

Here are a few tips for those lured by Alaska and the huge amounts

of bonus miles available for flying condor

1 Do NOT book anything beyond USA-Frankfurt

Dont do any continuing cities in Europe or

Originating cities in the USA that is not a non stop gateway

to Frankfurt

2 No one including Condor take any responsibility for flight cancels or changes

on non condor operated routes. Although Condor offers fares

beyond Frankfurt they buy these at the cheapest rate from LH/OS and

its always coach and no advance seats

3 Our recent experience SFO -SEA-FRA-FCO

You cant check in online in advance

At Sfo sometimes they can issue a Condor boarding pass and sometimes not

at Sea condor can issue LH but not allow any seat changes

4 our recent return VIE-FRA-LAX-SFO

OS canceled our flight and no automatic rebook by OS

Calls to Condor rebuffed even by the business class desk for 48 hours

“we cant see the cancellation” “call back in 24 hours”

“ we can rebook you but you need to pay 1600 USD more”

“Talk to austrian”

We were rebooked but of course austrian cant issue

condor boarding passes and they have NO customer service

counter airside in Frankfurt so you have to

hunt down a gate agent to get a boarding pass issues

FInally you cant standby on earlier

Alaska flight on a condor issued ticket

Overall

Dont buy anything besides point to point on Condor

Pay for the Flex fare for rebooking ( they want $$$$ for any changes and you lose all value

on non flex fares)

Condor has NO social media presence and agents who are not trained to

be helpful. Emails sent to Condor take 5 days to respond . Twitter not kept up to date

Despite your Alaska Mileage number being in the reservation you

may or not get automatic mileage posting and even if you do it could

be a incorrect calculation

Overall Condor inflight is a pretty good experience in business ( inflight)

but they are a Leisure carrier and trying to play with the majors

but customer service had never caught up
Old Apr 18, 2023, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Hello!

I'm seeing "Premium" availability for a Condor flight for 45k. However, this plane doesn't have premium economy. Condor isn't selling tickets for premium, it's only biz or economy on an A332. Expert Flyer reveals there's no PE class on the plane. What do folks think I will actually get if I book this flight?

Thanks so much
Old Apr 18, 2023, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pmfc
Hello!

I'm seeing "Premium" availability for a Condor flight for 45k. However, this plane doesn't have premium economy. Condor isn't selling tickets for premium, it's only biz or economy on an A332. Expert Flyer reveals there's no PE class on the plane. What do folks think I will actually get if I book this flight?

Thanks so much

Even if it has Premium Economy, I think Condor’s PE is basically an extended legroom section.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by pmfc
Hello!

Thanks so much
You are correct, the A332 does not have a PE section so you will get economy .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.