Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Web/Mobile enhancements you'd like to see 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Web/Mobile enhancements you'd like to see 2017

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: Oneworld (Emerald)
Originally Posted by brownnet
Track the inbound plane that is going to be your flight. That's a cool feature on another airlines app.
+1 to this. I really value having the incoming flight info at my fingertips on "another airlines (AA)" mobile app.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Not specifically an app enhancement, but would love the ability for agents to fix the problems caused by computer glitches. A recent schedule change released our award seats in row 2 for enough time to another party to take our seats (4 of us traveling and we booked all of row 2 months ago) before the computer could assign us back into our seats. Agents now powerless to help.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by QXflyer
DL has a really awesome bag tracking feature in their app. It would be nice if AS at least let you see if your bag was scanned onto the plane. I dont know if theres a technical reason why this wouldn't work.
AA has it now as well. It even knows when there's partner checked in bags coming from a connecting flight (although not tracking information itself on the partner).
Also, I would absolutely love it if the "in-flight" phase of the app had a map (fed from gogo?) or even just a progress bar so you could see how long was left in the air at a glance.
^ Would like to see this in a browser window too without using a Gogo pass or purchase.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
another vote for several features on the app:
  • change/cancel reservations
  • use My Wallet funds for new purchases
  • inbound aircraft tracking (website also)
  • checked bag tracking
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: Alaska (MVP Gold), HHonors (Diamond)
Transitioned to MP after being in AA for a number of years.

The biggest complaint I actually have is how long it takes activity to show on your account. With AA, it was there within 24 hours. So far this year, I haven't seen anything post to my account in less than 4 days.

Not the end of the world, but it'd be nice to see your activity shortly after flying and not a week later.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
First class meal reservations.

I know there's been talk...
+1 (although I highly doubt this will happen, one can hope)
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
a system timetable that's actually complete

the current one (effectivity is 1 Feb thru 31 Mar) doesn't include ANY schedules to/from Sun Valley even though flights are available on the website
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Station hours on the app, for checking bags. It is not always 4 hours prior. I want to know how early can I arrive at the airport when I have checked (work tools) bags at smaller airports when I get through with a project early. Odds are most would not need this but I would really appreciate it!
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG; HHonors Diamond
I would like to see the Alaska Lounge (or partner) that is available for my flight cities. If they could associate it on the app, it would be a really nice addition, especially for airports I go to infrequently. I was in Phoenix this week and had to look it up (it's the United lounge there).

The other thing they could add would be would be baggage carousel #, once assigned after landing. I hear other airline apps do this.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
FIX THE #%*&(&*(#%ING UPGRADE PROCESSOR.

I do a SDC and I'm not on the upgrade list.

I try and add myself on alaskaair.com and get an error.

Interesting, I was successful with that just last week on SDC. Added to upgrade list, showed on the w/l online, and "First Class waitlisted" and eventually cleared.

Must be inconsistent.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
adding another one i just thought of

the ability to waitlist GGUs really needs to be enabled.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
adding another one i just thought of

the ability to waitlist GGUs really needs to be enabled.
This.

I have a trip in March with 2 legs each way. Applied GGU's, only 1 leg each way cleared. Now I have to check for U space regularly so I can call and have the 2 legs that didn't clear upgraded. I do have EF alerts set but still check regularly. If they could be waitlisted and clear on their own would be a HUGE improvement.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:18 am

Bring in bag tracking
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maniac78
Bring in bag tracking

DL/NW MERGER OUTRAGE
automatic deletion of out-of-date tag lines ... oh, wait, that would be an enhancement to FT, not AS
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by channa
Interesting, I was successful with that just last week on SDC. Added to upgrade list, showed on the w/l online, and "First Class waitlisted" and eventually cleared.

Must be inconsistent.
Had two work this year too...maybe it's fixed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.