Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL Intra-Japan earning change?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:41 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by gary_nj
As many people have noted here, a domestic trip in J gets base miles plus a 10% class of service bonus. Full stop. The wizards at alaskaair.com have updated the website for domestic Japan flights to show the 10% class of service bonus, but it still shows the 100% "additional bonus" that nobody seems to ever receive.
Thanks for continuing to pursue this!^^

Looks like for domestic travel, when booked independently of an international itinerary:

Normal Fare, Child Fare, Round-Trip Fare, Discount for the Disabled, Care Giver's Saver, JAL Business KIPPU, e Business 6, Shuttle Round-Trip Fare, Special Transit Fare, Remote Island Fare maps to fare class Y in coach, J in Class J, and F in first.

Tokubin 1, Tokubin 3, Tokubin 7, Tokubin 21, Sakitoku Type A, Sakitoku Type B, Super Sakitoku, Ultra Sakitoku, Senior Citizen Stand-By Fare, JMB Companion Fare *1, Sky Mate Stand-By Fare, Shareholder's Saver Fare, Transit Fare 7, Transit Fare 28, RAC Round-Trip Fare, etc. map to fare class A (domestic) in coach, I in Class J, and E in first.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
It looks like the alaskaair.com site has been updated again to show new earnings for JL flights. At this time, the earnings for JL domestic flights seem to match what people here have reported. In particular, J earnings have been adjusted to show a 10% class of service bonus and no "additional" bonus.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by gary_nj
It looks like the alaskaair.com site has been updated again to show new earnings for JL flights. At this time, the earnings for JL domestic flights seem to match what people here have reported. In particular, J earnings have been adjusted to show a 10% class of service bonus and no "additional" bonus.
No point for upgrading from Y to J now with only 10% bonus..
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
Just to close out a story from earlier in the thread...

At this point, it appears that the website for JL earnings has been updated. The domestic earnings are matching what has been posted automatically for quite some time. The site now clearly states "domestic" and "international" and so I don't think we will be dealing with agents using the term "intra-Japan" or "intra-Asia" (at least I hope).

Earlier in the thread I had noted that I had a couple of international flights within Asia that were not crediting properly and that agents were telling me that "intra-Asia" flights accrue at the domestic rate. After the website was updated, I got back in touch with customer service, asking them to check the flight credit and validate the calculation. They responded by giving me 1000 "special service comp" miles. I responded by saying that I was more interested in understanding the way it was calculated (and I included my calculation, so they could just say "yes" if they wanted to). Rather than respond to that, they gave me another 1000 comp miles.

At this point, I am ahead in the game, so I will just shut up, but I still have no idea what will credit the next time I fly JL within Asia. But I'm done for now and just closing the story here in the thread. Thanks for your indulgence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.