Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Amateur Question About Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amateur Question About Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Originally Posted by WrightHI
It's particularly worth looking at Delta P fares, which can be fairly reasonable and count for double EQM on AS.
Just to clarify, the double EQMs or any EQMs earned on DL for that matter; those count towards the higher partner requal - right? So in the case of gold towards 50k target vs the 40k target on AS only.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 11:49 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
Just to clarify, the double EQMs or any EQMs earned on DL for that matter; those count towards the higher partner requal - right? So in the case of gold towards 50k target vs the 40k target on AS only.
That's correct.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
The OP was specifically asking about elite bonus miles counting toward elite qualification and no, those don't count, but yes, premium cabin bonus miles DO count as EQMs.
Maybe I'm being overly pedantic here, but I'm going to ask because I'm *barely* going to hit MVP on my last trip of the year and might need to insert a connection to make it happen.

M class is listed as a 25% bonus in the same chart with the "Earned flight miles and premium cabin bonuses on Alaska Airlines count towards elite status." language. Of course, M is not a "premium cabin" - it's just a high coach fare.

Do these 25% bonus miles count towards elite status?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by pinniped
Maybe I'm being overly pedantic here, but I'm going to ask because I'm *barely* going to hit MVP on my last trip of the year and might need to insert a connection to make it happen.

M class is listed as a 25% bonus in the same chart with the "Earned flight miles and premium cabin bonuses on Alaska Airlines count towards elite status." language. Of course, M is not a "premium cabin" - it's just a high coach fare.

Yes, a bit confusing by wording, but "class of service" is related to fare class, not necessarily by the cabin you're seated in. Class of service bonuses DO count toward elite status qualification, and the original booking fare class earning is rate is maintained even if you're upgraded (and thus placed into a U class).

Last edited by be_rettSEA; Nov 14, 2017 at 1:54 pm Reason: Added note about U class.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by pinniped

Yes, they do.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Confusions about 500 miles qualifying on SEA-PDX

Originally Posted by jsguyrus
There is also a 500 mile minimum, so shorter flights (say PDX-SEA) count as 500 elite qualifying miles.
Is this still true? The reason i ask is that i need 1100 miles to requalify for MVP gold. I was thinking i could do PDX-SEA-PDX-SEA and that'd get me 1500. Right now i'm seeing $39 for each flight, which is a great deal.

My question is this, i went back to look at my own activity from last year:

PDX-SEA

Basically saying i only got 129 qualifying miles, i think. I'd hate to miss requalifying because i miscalculate. The 871 is the bonus.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rabble
Is this still true? The reason i ask is that i need 1100 miles to requalify for MVP gold. I was thinking i could do PDX-SEA-PDX-SEA and that'd get me 1500. Right now i'm seeing $39 for each flight, which is a great deal.

PDX-SEA

Basically saying i only got 129 qualifying miles, i think. I'd hate to miss requalifying because i miscalculate. The 871 is the bonus.
Flight is 129 miles bumped up to 500 minimum EQM + 500 additional RDM for MVPG Elite bonus = 1000.

James
Old Nov 29, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by rabble

PDX-SEA

Yes!

Earn 500 miles minimum on flights shorter than 500 miles. No miles will be earned for classes of service not listed above.

The account activity is pretty lousy for trying to calculate elite qualification. The mileage between actual and 500 mile minimum is included in the bonus category on that page. It absolutely does count toward both EQM and RDM. Or to put it another way, if 129 miles was the miles credited, with MVPG, you'd only earn 258 total, not 1000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.