Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Hainan awards bookable as of March 2016 - reward chart?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hainan awards bookable as of March 2016 - reward chart?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2018, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by QT31415
I booked two mileage tickets in J from SEA-PEK this october. I'm unable to pull up the reservation on the Hainan site - tried their confirmation # and the e-ticket. Is there some trick to this? I can see the reservation on the Alaska site, but wanted to select seats.
Only HU ticket stock can be pulled up on HU site. You can email at usaservice @ hnair .com (remove the spaces) and they will help you out

https://www.hainanairlines.com/US/US/CTUS
QT31415 likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 9:10 pm

Or just call - there is English speaking customer service.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Recently booked 2 J awards for BOS-PEK in October. Emailed in to the USA customer service account to select seats, and was told that HU 482 features the new 1-2-1 layout on the 789. Do we know which routes have the new 1-2-1 and which have the old 2-2-2 J layout?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this something new or just me. 0 award space in any cabin on HU past 12/31/18. prior to that at least economy on almost every day. Looked at domestic china and international.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
Is this something new or just me. 0 award space in any cabin on HU past 12/31/18. prior to that at least economy on almost every day. Looked at domestic china and international.
Its not just award space. Hainan isn't selling any cash tickets also past this year (e.g. if you check on google flights).

Most likely reason is that they haven't figured out their schedule for 2019 and haven't loaded them on.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Its not just award space. Hainan isn't selling any cash tickets also past this year (e.g. if you check on google flights).

Most likely reason is that they haven't figured out their schedule for 2019 and haven't loaded them on.
Ah that solves that. I guess it makes sense to avoid hundreds if not thousands of schedule changes as the dates get closer.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:59 pm

Ah that solves that. I guess it makes sense to avoid hundreds if not thousands of schedule changes as the dates get closer.
I have a J class booked on HU495 PEK-SEA on 1/1/19, and I vaguely remember good availability in early Jan. Maybe this route has been loaded?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yu Zhong
I have a J class booked on HU495 PEK-SEA on 1/1/19, and I vaguely remember good availability in early Jan. Maybe this route has been loaded?
Looks like its back all together. Just saw space in J in March BOS-PEK, wide open space too, availability that seems too Good. I guess its the time now to book Hainan awards

*edit may be just the TPAC is back since i get error on Harbin

Last edited by CDKing; Jun 20, 2018 at 3:39 pm
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:50 am

Having the same issue. Looking for JFK to CTU or CKG for next Spring. Anyone know when they plan to make bookings available for 2019?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
When booking HU awards, is it possible to call in for other routings than the ones offered on the website? E.g. when I search XIY-CSX I only get the non-stop, but I'd rather fly XIY-KMG-CSX with a long layover... is that possible? I'm aware a stopover isn't, but I'm hoping at least a layover might be...
Old Aug 12, 2018, 2:13 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Smiley90
When booking HU awards, is it possible to call in for other routings than the ones offered on the website? E.g. when I search XIY-CSX I only get the non-stop, but I'd rather fly XIY-KMG-CSX with a long layover... is that possible? I'm aware a stopover isn't, but I'm hoping at least a layover might be...
Generally, kinda/no; its a very gray area. Really its a YMMV situation; I've had success doing similar request (albeit on TATL partner routes) but it took a bunch of calls.

Im not very familiar with these airports, but is KMG a common layover city 1) in general and 2) for connecting flights to/from XIY/CSX?

If there's availability in the requisite award class you can probably get an agent to push it through for you manually, but doing so would probably require a few rounds of HUCA. For simplicity, it might be easier to book XIY-CSX direct (or optimally with one stop) via the website. And then immediately call in saying you want to do a routing change manually. It's much easier for them than having to piece together the itinerary from scratch.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Online the stop/layover in KMG between XIY & CSX is an invalid routing. You could, however, book it as two awards. XIY-KMG & KMG-CSX. I am note sure about stopovers with HU on Asia to Asia awards. Maybe someone who has flown can chime in.

James
Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:24 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Online the stop/layover in KMG between XIY & CSX is an invalid routing. You could, however, book it as two awards. XIY-KMG & KMG-CSX. I am note sure about stopovers with HU on Asia to Asia awards. Maybe someone who has flown can chime in.

James
I don't find Flying for Fun's logic here to be credible here. As someone who has redeemed on HU, I can definitely say its possible o book an HU awad with an untraditional connection/stopover point by phone. It can't be forced through online. The process is somewhat arduous for the agent though: some will reject the proposal because it seems like a lot of work for no real benefit, others will try and get lost. As stated earlier, a few rounds of HUCA is probably the way to go.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VX N281VA
I don't find Flying for Fun's logic here to be credible here. As someone who has redeemed on HU, I can definitely say its possible o book an HU awad with an untraditional connection/stopover point by phone. It can't be forced through online. The process is somewhat arduous for the agent though: some will reject the proposal because it seems like a lot of work for no real benefit, others will try and get lost. As stated earlier, a few rounds of HUCA is probably the way to go.

It is akin to booking an award PDX-JFK-HKG where the routing is invalid per the term & conditions for such an award. You could book two awards PDX-JFK & JFK-HKG. However, if you want to HUCA enough times you might find an agent that will book it for you as one. That does not change the fact that it is still an invalid routing per the T&C's for that award and the "logic" built into the online search has been overridden and violated.

Had AS N281VA given specific example(s) of his routings and indicated how many times he HUCA to effect them, his claim may be more credible. Regardless, it doesn't change the "logic" nor the terms and conditions of validity.

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.