Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

WEB/PED enhancements you would like to see in 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WEB/PED enhancements you would like to see in 2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by mck
Delta has a digital elite card that plugs into Apple wallet.

It would be nice to have to use for check in our lounge.

Dunno if others feel the same way.
^+1
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.2.858 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by mck

Doesn't AS use fingerprints? Does DL?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 9:52 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mck

I actually do agree. The United Club has a digital card that plugs into Apple Wallet, it's how I always enter the UC.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.2.858 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Doesn't AS use fingerprints? Does DL?
While the dual-finger system is an improvement over the initial version, it still doesn't always work. Example: at SEABR this past weekend, one of the machines failed to read my prints, and my wife's also. The other one worked. The FDA said, "Oh, we've been having problems with that one for a while." Doesn't AS fix these units when they break down?

"My Wallet" is not likely to suffer these kinds of malfunctions.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by alshrink
^+1
+1 as well.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Not to be too greedy, but I'd also like
- to be able to see the fare calendar in the app and mobile versions of the website
- the three day lowest fare at the top of the page when booking should show the chosen class and not the absolute lowest fare in a different class
Just noticed that the first one is now available. ^ Alaska IT!

How about multicity searches now?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 4:57 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
* More filters on award searches would be nice
* Fix back-end problems with upgrade waitlists
* Inbound a/c info in Flight Status
Old Jul 6, 2016, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by Finkface
I've figured out a work around to this. It only works if you are MVPG or higher or +60 days out as it involves two changes. Just change the segment you want to upfare to a different flight altogether. Then change it back to your original flight but this time search for Gold upgrade-eligible (or whatever you are trying to get). Obviously you need to know beforehand that the class you are looking for is available. I do it this way all the time.
Never thought of that. Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by mck

AA has the same. Also on AA the iOS wallet boarding passes are different colors based on elite status. Makes it really easy for the agents to see if it is your turn or not. I had a blue one (gasp!) when I booked an AS award ticket on AA metal. EXP is normally black.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 11:55 pm

I'll second votes for a mobile elite card, food information, and eliminating mixed itinerary searches. I'd also love to pre-order meals like AA does when there is a choice (although this is certainly not glitch free).

On the other hand, one place where AS excels is that you can search multi-city itinerary by the price and schedule chart. AA only gives you price or schedule but not both despite all their other search enhancements over the last few years. I booked a 2-stop trip as 3 one ways a while back because I could not price it out the way I needed to on the web, but then the middle segment canceled and they said they couldn't be flexible the way I wanted because it was the origin. Took me ages on the phone to work that one out.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
* Inbound a/c info in Flight Status
Flightaware.com now gives this option ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.