Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

WEB/PED enhancements you would like to see in 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:23 am
ANC
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue

AS has one of the best web experiences at least IMO with at least the airlines I use to search on. Any how there is always room for improvement starting with these:

1: When searching for U eligible fares, add an advanced search option to show ONLY those flights with U actually availabe

2: Almost the same as #1 but searching for F/J awards. Add a search filter option to remove mixed cabin itineraries

3: Fix the glitch where 2 MVPs on 1 PNR cant upgrade whether it be instant or after T48

4: Allow mileage upgrades to be processed right online when booking for someone else and using your miles or booking for yourself and using your miles. It should be as easy of a process as using the GGUs. You shouldnt have to call in for this!

5: Dont email me the next day after Ive been flight searching telling me to go book the trip
Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Well, this is not a big deal but it is annoying.

Those of us who fly QX even a bit know that 1B and 2DE are the exit row seats on the Q400. But the website and even sometimes the agents at checkin indicate that 2AB (our favorite seats) are exit row as well. This means we get the exit row warning each time we book 2AB online and have had AS agents at airports (maybe after observing me limp a bit on a day when my knee is bothering me) ask us if we are OK wih exit row seats. Then I have to politely educate them about the fact that 2AB are not exit row seats.

So it would be nice if AS would finally fix their system to agree with what every QX FA says about exit row seats on every QX flight we take.

There -- now I feel better.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Make it easier to track elite qualifying miles in the mileage plan activity pages.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 9:35 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Cx Booking online!
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
My rental cars and my hotels allow me to download receipts after a stay, I wish I could do that for AS flights after the trip has been taken when I discover that I do not have that info for whatever reason. Granted it is always a mistake on my part, not AS, for not having the receipt, but since I can go back and get one from the corporate TA or the hotel or rental car agency it would be nice to do that with AS also.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
No mixed-cabin itineraries for award searches would be great.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
One other thing I would like (no one else does this) is provide me information about the nutritional values of the foods, both FC and main cabin. Small in the grand scheme of things I know, but it sure helps with my weight loss regime.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
- Ability to book LA awards online.
- Ability to track baggage scans like DL does on their mobile app.
- Please, for the love of all that is good, allow seat changes for AS vacation itineraries online. The whole manage itinerary experience for AS vacation packages is abysmal. If that requires working with their third party vendor, then so be it. They occasionally offer good coupons on packages but the online experience is so poor that it makes me think twice.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 11:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Use Android notifications so I can swipe down from the drawer and get my boarding card without having to jump around to get to the app.

Support AndroidWear so I can see the boarding card barcode on my watch.

Neil
Old Dec 31, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Are app requests ok here?

I would like to see an entire seatmap of the plane, just like if I did a dummy booking, from the My Trip flights. If the cabin is full, still show a seat map not a message that seats will be assigned at check in.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 3:37 pm

I find the new "time-out feature" to be quite annoying....I am continually booking and researching flight options.....now I come back after a break and have to start over. Not sure why that feature is so important to them. I'd like to see that "enhancement" go away in 2016.

And if we're whining/begging for new features (and including app requests ), I'd like to see the app feature give us a menu for first class - that would be very nice.

But I agree Alaska Air has a great website and app - never realized how good until helping a friend with another airline booking (I only fly AK Air )

Happy New Year!
Old Dec 31, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by AKpirate
I find the new "time-out feature" to be quite annoying....I am continually booking and researching flight options.....now I come back after a break and have to start over. Not sure why that feature is so important to them. I'd like to see that "enhancement" go away in 2016.
The session expiration is a security measure. And not just in case someone manages to get access to your computer; it helps harden against session hijacking by a remote attacker.

The main feature I'd really like to see is the ability to change frequent flyer information on my own--or to just refresh status info automatically on a regular basis. When I reached MVP, I had to call into Alaska just to get myself on the upgrade list and pick a row 6 seat for an upcoming reservation. For my DL reservations, I was able to remove and re-add my MP number and instantly get the same. For AA, my ability to pick preferred seats just show up automatically.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 9:56 pm

Programs: AS G75K
It seems elementary but the ability to select departure and return dates from the same calendar when booking a flight. Nearly all other travel websites let you do this.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Not to be too greedy, but I'd also like
- to be able to see the fare calendar in the app and mobile versions of the website
- the three day lowest fare at the top of the page when booking should show the chosen class and not the absolute lowest fare in a different class
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:45 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
I'll add one to my list - improve the site's performance and speed when it comes to search. The gold standard for me has been the Google Flights search engine - I can plug itineraries in there, get results quickly, and can use permalinks via parameters in the URL to easily bookmark searches. Even better is the graph I can use to find cheaper fares for, say, a "4 day trip" in a 30-day period. The calendar can accomplish this, but it requires me to manually identify the days that map to a 4-day trip and perform addition of the one-way fares that make up the round trip.

I would be elated if AS could extend this to their site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.