Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Some AA operated flights don't credit to AS MP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:29 pm
21A
Original Poster

Heads up: there are some legitimate AA-operated flights excluded from the ranges listed at:
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil.../american.aspx
Just got denied credit for AA 2182 DFW-LGA. (This was AA marketed and operated on a 738, unrelated to US in any way.)

I suspect that this is a glitch with the flight number ranges, as happened a while ago with:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-outdated.html

Last edited by 21A; Sep 4, 2015 at 11:13 am Reason: make links links
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, DL DM, UA Gold, & Marriott Ambassador
This happened to me as well -- on AA 2184 (SAN-ORD), which is also operated by AA, not US. Every other AA flight from SAN-ORD is "eligible" and AS actually sells seats on AA 2184 at alaskaair.com, but refuses to give mileage credit because it doesn't fit within the stated flight numbers! I recognize that this will all be going away next month, but it doesn't solve the current problem that AS refuses to even acknowledge. Through my own research, AA flights 2175-2199 are all operated by AA, but those don't fit in AS's eligible range. I was affected by the Delta flight number fiasco that you linked to earlier and AS actually fixed that problem. They don't seem willing to fix this issue, though.

Beyond the incorrect eligible fight numbers, it's even more frustrating to me that AS seems to lack a competent e-mail system. I have no status on Delta and can get an e-mail response in less than 48 hours; I have 75K status on AS and can't get an e-mail response in less than two weeks and a follow-up e-mail on my part. I'm still awaiting a response from an e-mail on 8/31.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL/PM/2MM TK*G
I also wonder why KE flight between HND/GMP are not mileage eligible!
It is KE own metal!
Does AS believe any flight with 4digit number are operated by non partner airline or something?
Old Sep 10, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mthoodfan
Beyond the incorrect eligible fight numbers, it's even more frustrating to me that AS seems to lack a competent e-mail system. I have no status on Delta and can get an e-mail response in less than 48 hours; I have 75K status on AS and can't get an e-mail response in less than two weeks and a follow-up e-mail on my part. I'm still awaiting a response from an e-mail on 8/31.
+1. But I think it does help if you call customer care after a period of time telling them you haven't gotten a response. IME the agent will usually tell you to email again and process it manually

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.