Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The total price for your flight(s) is not available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2015, 6:38 pm
ANC
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue

PRICE SUMMARY

Flight
The total price for your flight(s) is not available.

For additional assistance with your reservation, call Alaska Airlines Commercial Desk at 1-888-280-8929
Whats that mean
Old Jun 25, 2015, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Alaska Airlines. Where every experience is priceless! :-:
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:26 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
It would help if we knew what you were trying to do
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:32 pm
ANC
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by missydarlin
It would help if we knew what you were trying to do
its already booked and has been for months. Its a reservation that includes a SEA to MKE flight. I just noticed this a couple weeks ago so hopefully its a Skywest glitch and not a bigger issue The only thing I can think of is that it was originally booked in Y on that segment until they figured out the U space bugs for the skywest flights then when U came available I upfared to the gold U space along with me and a companion.

Last edited by ANC; Jun 26, 2015 at 5:29 am
Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

This seems to pop up after manual assistance has occurred.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Ah. From the OP, it sounded like something wouldn't price in an attempt to ticket something.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 8:10 am

I've also seen this occur on complex, multi-carrier itineraries. For instance, I have one in the autumn with JL, AA, KA, CX and AS segments. When I entered the PNR in the AS site, it correctly "imported" it, but it says "The total price for your flight(s) is not available." in the web panel.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

This seems to pop up after manual assistance has occurred.
Bingo. I just got this message on 2 itineraries after I called in for assistance with a "Due to flight schedule changes..." notification in My Trips. This was for SEA-FLL and FLL-SEA. The flight times changed a bit but other than that nothing seems to have changed.

I had thought that in the past this message came up when there were more significant changes. I could be wrong.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
...I just got this message on 2 itineraries after I called in for assistance with a "Due to flight schedule changes..." notification in My Trips. This was for SEA-FLL and FLL-SEA. The flight times changed a bit but other than that nothing seems to have changed...
It turned out that in my case the message "The total price for your flight(s) is not available" was a red flag after all. That message in combination with an oddity in my after-the-call email confirmation (described below) caused me to call in to make certain that the schedule changes had been processed correctly by the first rep I spoke with.

When I called back the 2nd rep said that due to the fact that I had used gold guest upgrade certs on both flights the tickets needed to be reissued. She said that there was no rush but that the tickets would need to be reissued before the flight. After she got that done the new confirmation email looked right and the pricing info was back on the My Trips itinerary. She confirmed that if she hadn't reissued the tickets it might have prevented me from using online checkin. Apparently the reissue only needed to be done because I'd used the upgrade certs. If I'd booked in coach and stayed there (not a pleasant thought ) the reissue wouldn't have been necessary for such a minor schedule change.

The confirmation email oddity: Normally when I upgrade a flight at time of purchase the confirmation email shows me in class U. This was true when I originally purchased these tickets. But the confirmation email sent to me by the first rep after she processed the schedule change showed me in class K, the original booking class before the upgrade. The email sent by the 2nd rep after she reissued the tickets shows me in U again.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by ANC
its already booked and has been for months. Its a reservation that includes a SEA to MKE flight. I just noticed this a couple weeks ago so hopefully its a Skywest glitch and not a bigger issue The only thing I can think of is that it was originally booked in Y on that segment until they figured out the U space bugs for the skywest flights then when U came available I upfared to the gold U space along with me and a companion.
See my post about my upgraded flights. You might check the confirmation email you got when you upfared and upgraded to make certain that it shows you in class U and not in your original booking class. Note: The My Trips itinerary showed me in U even when the confirmation email did not. So it was the email that indicated the problem in my case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.