Search

Hold times for partner awards

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2015, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Hold times for partner awards

Can I book and hold a reservation for 2-3 days on a partner award before issuing the ticket? Say on BA?

I realise that I'd have to call and book the res instead of doing it online then..

Is there an additional phone booking fee then?
Old May 31, 2015, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I'm not sure AS does holds anymore. I haven't tried.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 11:53 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
No holds.

You can book the ticket and have at least 24 hours and up to 60 days prior to travel to refund with no change fee. However, the partner booking fee is nonrefundable.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
Alaska recently held a BA award ticket for me for 2 or 3 days. I ended up purchasing a few thousand miles to top off an account and the transfer took a really long time to post. They could see the purchase in my account and held the tickets - which was great since they were the only 2 F tickets available.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Some carriers will honor a hold and others will not. You have no protection if a partner sells a "held" seat out from under you. If AS can find alternative space, it will help, but it cannot force another carrier to do so.

Advice: No matter what the ticketing carrier tells you, do not hold on other carriers. If it works, great. If it doesn't, SOL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.