Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TCON meal service in coach

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Question TCON meal service in coach

(1) - the BOB "entree" choices on AS767 BWI-SEA last night (29 Apr) were the Beecher's fruit and cheese plate, or the "ultimate grilled cheese sandwich" ... really? cheese or cheese? fortunately I saw the pre-order option at OLCI, and left myself enough time to get something at BWI before boarding

(2) - I understand featuring Tom Douglas entrees on flights departing SEA, but apparently the mid-day and afternoon flights have a choice of Tom Douglas chicken or "home style chicken" ... really? chicken or chicken?

sure hope they offer a bit more variety (or at least balanced options) in the coming months ... imo the fruit and cheese plate is much more suitable for a lunchtime flight
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
They need to have some filling entrees in the back on these transcons. I have a few flights on this route in the next month and my upgrade chances don't look good.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:19 pm

The last BOS-PDX trip I took had the Bahn Mi in coach. It was excellent, but about half the size that it should have been - I was still pretty hungry when we landed. Whatever you get, get two of them I will say that AS's coach food is my favorite of the domestics, though.

Incidentally, I have a SEA-BOS trip coming up. 3:50pm departure from SEA on May 12. So far the Alaska app is showing a menu that is basically just snacks. Is there no hot or entree option in coach on the late afternoon SEA-BOS?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
The last BOS-PDX trip I took had the Bahn Mi in coach. It was excellent, but about half the size that it should have been - I was still pretty hungry when we landed. Whatever you get, get two of them I will say that AS's coach food is my favorite of the domestics, though.

Incidentally, I have a SEA-BOS trip coming up. 3:50pm departure from SEA on May 12. So far the Alaska app is showing a menu that is basically just snacks. Is there no hot or entree option in coach on the late afternoon SEA-BOS?
How does one preorder via the app? I use an Android but don't see a preorder option when looking at my reservations. I also went to my reservation on the mobile AS website but don't see it.
Old May 1, 2015, 11:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Originally Posted by PWMTrav

How does one preorder via the app? I use an Android but don't see a preorder option when looking at my reservations. I also went to my reservation on the mobile AS website but don't see it.
Pre-order is during olci IIRC.
Old May 1, 2015, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

That sounds right. I preordered on my last AS TCON but I don't remember how far out. My next TCON isn't until May 12, so I'll keep checking and see if they open a preorder window sooner than that. I'll post if they do.
Old May 1, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive

I actually think it's earlier than that. I know you can't preorder after midnight the day of the flight. The order has to make it to catering first, so that means it needs to be in the day before at least. I think it's at least the week before, since I know I've ordered food, but then been upgraded, and my food was still loaded. (My friend actually got my reserved food while he was in back.)
Old May 1, 2015, 12:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
The food menu is posted at http://www.alaskaair.com/content/tra...yond-food.aspx, looks like it was just updated for May as the grilled cheese is gone, replaced with a Shepherd's pie.

Neil
Old May 1, 2015, 12:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
And here's a desktop website to pre-order food: http://www.alaskaair.com/order-food/. I just tried it for a flight I have next Thursday and was able to see the options available to reserve.

Neil
Old May 1, 2015, 12:47 pm

Is the regular snack packs not also available on these flights?
Old May 1, 2015, 4:17 pm

My flight is for this upcoming Monday, but no option to pre-order anywhere. I even tried that website that missamo80 posted, but it's saying " You may only reserve food for confirmed flight bookings. You may purchase fresh food and snack boxes once in flight." I'm already confirmed and ticketed for the flight. Maybe the FC waitlist is affecting my ability to pre-order?
Old May 1, 2015, 4:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

What flight are you on?

Do they not offer Northern Bites on your flight?
Old May 1, 2015, 4:51 pm

What flight are you on?

Do they not offer Northern Bites on your flight?
SEA-BWI, which should have the Northern Bites BOB service.
Old May 3, 2015, 11:33 am

It appears to be a technical limitation. According to the above referenced link to the website, Pre-order is available:

- During check in for Android App or Mobile Website (for select flights)
- Up to 7 days in advance for iPhone App
Old May 3, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by arles
It appears to be a technical limitation. According to the above referenced link to the website, Pre-order is available:

- During check in for Android App or Mobile Website (for select flights)
- Up to 7 days in advance for iPhone App
There does seem to be a glitch with the Android app since the most recent update.

I checked in on 4/30 for my flight on 5/1 (when I was still in Y). Every time I tried to access the menu from the app I received an error message saying that menu was not available. The app had worked in the past.

Once I was upgraded at T-6 the button for meal selection disappeared from the app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.