Wiki Posts
Search

Is this price usual?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan, delta, aa
Is this price usual?

I am totally new to Alaska Airlines. I looked at OGG to DTW one way today, and it was about $350.00 (nonrefundable) which seems very good to me. Does anyone know if this is the usual fare, or is this a sale? I applied for a card that collects Alaska Airlines miles, and would like to wait and use it to buy the flight if that is a standard fare.
And by the way, how is Economy, as compared to United, for example?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: AS gold
This is the standard fare. Alaska's prices from the island to the midwest and east coast are pretty reasonable. Alaska's and United's hard product are about equal. What leaves Alaska a cut above in my mind are the fantastic people they hire, and if you are willing to pay for it, their inflight digiplayer entertainment is not bad.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan, delta, aa
sounds good to me. Thanks.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I would have to say AS seats are a bit more comfortable than UA and you get ever so slightly more legroom, but that can make the difference between your knees digging into the seat in front of you. I think AS put in new seats on a lot of their planes too.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I'm 5'6", and I will unequivocally state that one inch of leg room indeed makes a HUGE difference on a 4- or 5-hour flight
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by jrl767
I'm 5'6", and I will unequivocally state that one inch of leg room indeed makes a HUGE difference on a 4- or 5-hour flight
I'm 6'4 and 1" makes a world of difference.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
What's the route on UA? If it's OGG-DEN-DTW, watch DEN-DTW, it may be a regional jet.

Otherwise, I believe it's a double connect if wholly on UA metal, as UA does not serve SFO-DTW or LAX-DTW.

Upside of UA is they have widebodies on some routes. Upside of AS is they have few regional jets, and a route like this would be 100% mainline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.