Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

CSR Can't Reprint Boarding Pass...SERIOUSLY!!!????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CSR Can't Reprint Boarding Pass...SERIOUSLY!!!????

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:27 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I was an early adopter of electronic BPs and Passbook. In my case, I soon realized that I wasn't saving any time and was infrequently delayed.

My new regimen is to print my BP and send a PDF to my email. To "save the trees," I print my BP on the back of used /printed paper whenever possible.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by glitchy
It's much easier to get retroactive mileage credit with a boarding pass than without, which is an annoyance I'm going through now. A friend has also gotten hassled by inbound US c&i ("you're not on the passenger list for that flight, how did you really get here?") and having one was most helpful.

That said, I usually check in online and print at the airport kiosk (or have the agent do it if I'm checking bags), but this thread is making me reconsider. Or at least make sure I have a charge!
+1. Always best to have a physical copy of the BP until the miles post.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Passport Diamond, UA Premier Plat, WN A-List
Originally Posted by jiburi
Rather than anecdotes, I think OP and myself are advocating a change in policy than having a reliance on combination of these smart devices and printed boarding passes. This environment friendly option saves us time and AS ticket counter staffing, but we're also being conditioned to behave differently in comparison to other carriers to carry another form of boarding pass. (I believe most other airlines allow boarding pass re-prints at ticket counters even within check-in guidelines.)

When my incident occurred, even MVP Gold agents couldn't help me, except for their last ditch assistance in directing me to a nearest plug-in.

Don't anyone think this is our rights, as AS customer, to demand assistance on a simple boarding pass re-print?

Jiburi
Indeed...The current policy/practice may impact 1 in a 10,000 times flying, but when it does you realize how crazy it is...ESPECIALLY WHEN OTHER AIRLINES WILL (at least UA and WN).

I understand and appreciate the love that loyal Alaska flyers have...But this really is an antiquated policy based on current technology available (and the limitations of that technology as so expressed in the many posts in this thread....

Again, why do I need to print multiple back-up hardcopies of a BP when using the Alaska app? What is the point of going paperless if you are still having to print a BP?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.