Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Hawaii flight using miles....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL Gold, Hilton Gold
Booking Hawaii flight using miles....

I'm booking a trip with my wife to LIH in May - using miles and we want to lock in FC seats. I have miles, a B of A companion fare, and a bunch of unused guest upgrades. But, as best I can tell, I cant use the companion fare unless I buy a paid ticket - and I think the same is true with the guest upgrades?

Its going to cost a ton of miles, 320k, to book this in FC, which I understand is the way it goes... but is there a better way I can book this?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: SPG-Gold
You can use the Companion fare and the Gold Guest upgrades, I have done that several times.
Just select GG fares and you can upgrade them after you finish.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL Gold, Hilton Gold
Hmmm... I called the MVP Gold line and they told me that I could not use the Companion Fare, except with a cash paid ticket - not so?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by LaneW
Hmmm... I called the MVP Gold line and they told me that I could not use the Companion Fare, except with a cash paid ticket - not so?
It needs to be cash.

For what you describe I'd pay cash to obtain. Miles for F to Hawaii isn't the best use IMO. I reserve them for int'l travel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.