Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jona970318
Travel advisory on AS:

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/before-your-trip/travel-tips/travel-advisories.aspx

High winds along the West Coast

May impact travel through Friday, December 12. Customers traveling to the Bay Area, should note some flights may operate out of alternative airports. Please check flight status at alaskaair.com before heading to the airport.

What to Do

As always, we advise you to check your flight status before departure. If your flight has been affected, you may rebook your flight, apply for a refund or call Alaska Airlines Reservations at 1-800-252-7522 (if calling from within Mexico, call 001-800-252-7522).

Sign up for Trip Alerts or Flight Status Alerts and we'll notify you of any last minute delays, cancellations, or gate changes on your flights by email or text message.
Print Wikipost

Bay area storm Dec 10-12

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
Over in the Davis area, I've heard that several businesses and residences have lost power already. The wind is TERRIBLE. The rain isn't bad yet but it's only a little before 8am
Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
SFO/OAK/SJC all getting a shellacking... but the residents are acting like it's Hurricane Katrina or Sandy... (former NorCal guy here, so..)

Storm causes hundreds of flight cancellations, delays at SFO:
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...FO-5950188.php

Hope everyone is safe, but let's not freak out 'cuz Starbucks is closed, ok?

-AD
Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
so far we are doing ok here at the house in the Sierra foothills. the snow levels are starting to drop and i can really feel it outside already. we have received about 2 1/2" of rain and it seems like we are about halfway through the storm based on the current radar images.

the south peninsula area is really getting hammered. i won't be surprised to see 7-10" rain totals down there.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Milage Plan
Up in Oregon they got hit with high winds today. Lots of power outages, down power lines, down trees and other fun stuff. I think the worst of it is past in Oregon. I am on vacation in Florida right now and I fly back tomorrow (Friday) MCO - SEA - PDX. So far tomorrow the forecast calls for light winds.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:35 pm

Flying tonight (now) from ATL to SFO. My scheduled 7:30 pm flight departed just 10 minutes late. Hopefully that means conditions are improving.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Noticed a travel advisory. Nothing about making changes though
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:51 pm

The wind was crazy last night in the Portland area. Definitely stronger than any I can recall in recent memory around here. I know a lot of people lost power and there were tons of tree branches that got knocked down and that sort of thing. Fortunately, the weather seemed to be well above freezing, and it wasn't raining, which definitely helped.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by jona970318
Noticed a travel advisory. Nothing about making changes though
I think its for those who have had changes arise:

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com
High winds along the West Coast

May impact travel through Friday, December 12. Customers traveling to the Bay Area, should note some flights may operate out of alternative airports. Please check flight status at alaskaair.com before heading to the airport.

What to Do

As always, we advise you to check your flight status before departure. If your flight has been affected, you may rebook your flight, apply for a refund or call Alaska Airlines Reservations at 1-800-252-7522 (if calling from within Mexico, call 001-800-252-7522).

Sign up for Trip Alerts or Flight Status Alerts and we'll notify you of any last minute delays, cancellations, or gate changes on your flights by email or text message.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I think its for those who have had changes arise:
I was referring that it wasn't one of those disruptions that you can make changes at your discretion as long as your flight fall between a certain timeline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.