Wiki Posts
Search

"wine" cards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
"wine" cards

On my flight tues and yesterday I got two wine cards on the dinner plate, one for the red wine and one for the white. They are about the same size as the old prayer cards and my first reaction was... wow, from prayers to wine - LOL
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Noticed these this weekend.

Rather disappointing move IMO, as the prayer cards were a nice touch, and now they have wine cards which are odd. If AS wants to get fancy, just make up a wine menu.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Didn't get any wine cards 2 weeks ago. Is it just an explanation of what's onboard or some sort of coupon for redemption?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
Didn't get any wine cards 2 weeks ago. Is it just an explanation of what's onboard or some sort of coupon for redemption?
Ditto onboard two most recent DTW DEQM flights. But I cannot imbibe anymore so it's "macht nichts" to me.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: MVPG75k-Boardroom, Hilton Gold
I got one yesterday, but I think a wine menu would be better.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
They were on my SEA-SJC flight on Tuesday. Just descriptions of the red and white wine offerings. Seems like a waste of paper.

Neil
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG
Originally Posted by missamo80
They were on my SEA-SJC flight on Tuesday. Just descriptions of the red and white wine offerings. Seems like a waste of paper.

Neil
oohhhhhhhh, I get it now. I've seen them a few times and thought it was odd as it was kind of like advertising for wine. I didn't realize it was showing me the wines that were being offered. Yeah, so maybe an actual wine list/menu might be better. Or a better explanation of what these cards are on my tray for.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:49 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Id rather have the prayer cards back....
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by ctporter
On my flight tues and yesterday I got two wine cards on the dinner plate, one for the red wine and one for the white. They are about the same size as the old prayer cards and my first reaction was... wow, from prayers to wine - LOL
I saw those on my ORD-ANC flight last week and had a similar thought. They may have stocked them on my previous ANC-ORD trip, too. But if they did, I'm certain the uber lazy FA opted to not put them on the trays ...

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Id rather have the prayer cards back....
Some of us simply pray for wine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.