Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

-900 with power at the seat - how common?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

-900 with power at the seat - how common?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 11:06 pm

Programs: MVPG75k-Boardroom, Hilton Gold
Cant wait til they all have power! Especially on those 5+ hour trips.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 11:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I have mixed feelings on them...like power but find the underseat boxes restrictive.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I have mixed feelings on them...like power but find the underseat boxes restrictive.
the underseat box doesn't bother me as much as the magazine holder that feels like it is right there in your face. It was difficult to try to use the try table with a laptop on the old seats, now its near impossible because of how close it is to you.

On the plus side, I do really like the extra leg room, and the power option is fantastic. I no longer sit there trying to hoard power while waiting for my flight to board.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:31 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
So until the aircraft is retrofitted, is it normal to have power plugs, but they only provide power while on the ground? Because that was my latest experience. Haven't flown many with upgraded seats so far, but the ones I have been on had new seats but no outlets. Then this latest one added the outlets but not while in flight, so I'm not quite sure what to expect.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:23 pm

Programs: lots of little things
Originally Posted by jchilders
So until the aircraft is retrofitted, is it normal to have power plugs, but they only provide power while on the ground? Because that was my latest experience. Haven't flown many with upgraded seats so far, but the ones I have been on had new seats but no outlets. Then this latest one added the outlets but not while in flight, so I'm not quite sure what to expect.
Recaro seats w/o power installed can only mean you were on a 900ER yet to be retrofitted. Those will be upgraded by the end of the year, so that's somewhat common but will grow less likely pretty quickly.

An aircraft with power outlets installed but only working on the ground?? Weird. If it has an outlet, it is done being retrofitted. It would have to be a maintenance issue or your device/charger not functioning properly. Either way, that shouldn't be expected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.