Wiki Posts
Search

New DL-AS rumors

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2014, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold, ICH P Club Plat, Hertz#1 5Star, Marriott Gold
New DL-AS rumors

Take this strictly as rumormongering ..based on a couple of chat with AS line personnel. If it helps, it has apparently been discussed in meetings and what I've heard so far has been consistent.

1) No imminent divorce with DL ...if anything perhaps an extension to the agreement.

2) There will be multiple levels of DL Awards available to us (supposedly four). No idea what the mileage levels will be. Basically it sounds like we'll have access to more than just the lowest price awards (God only knows what the required miles for it will be.) Apparently this is at the insistence of DL. I asked if this model would eventually apply to other partners ..other partners have no desire for it at this time.

3) AS has no plans to go to a revenue based program at this time.

4) Given the above ..this is only a me guess ..but I'm thinking that we'll end up earning on DL at different rates ...based on fare class (this is what DL is doing with their other partners).

5) No idea whatsoever on timetables for this, and no idea how much is a done deal and how much is still being discussed.

6) Forgot to ask anything about Skyclubs
Old May 6, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Thanks - and - channel your innermost Columbo, revisit your line source and ask, "Oh ... one more question ... what is to become of SkyClub access?" Many thanks in advance for your stalwartness and intrepidity in this regard!
Old May 6, 2014, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by AKSteveB

4) Given the above ..this is only a me guess ..but I'm thinking that we'll end up earning on DL at different rates ...based on fare class (this is what DL is doing with their other partners).
I've heard the same from the social media rep. For coach, probably something like 25% for S,L,T fares on the way up to 100% for full Y
Old May 6, 2014, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
What are the odds they end up re-instating Sky Priority?
Old May 6, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
I hope that turns out to be more or less accurate. That wouldn't treat AS flyers particularly worse than what DL is doing in its own program, and on those terms having the DL option is better than not having it, especially with AA heading into merger integration.
Old May 6, 2014, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold, ICH P Club Plat, Hertz#1 5Star, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
What are the odds they end up re-instating Sky Priority?
Again this is a me guess ..but I don't see it happening ..and also not sure if it would be a great idea. I've seen too many DL flights where 1/2-3/4 of pax are Sky Priority.

I'm wondering if they are going to differentiate Business/First A fares from P/F for our mileage accrual. If they don't ..some of the heavily discount A fares are gonna earn a lot more on AS than they do on DL.

My thoughts on the changes in general are ...they add up to DL pretty much treating us the same as they treat their own (which is pretty crappily as least as far as the FF program goes). Were I still Medallion on DL at this point ..I'd be pretty pissed off about Non Saver space being available to partners. That's going to reduce the already pathetic availability of low mileage awards even further.
Old May 6, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
well for whatever this is worth thanks for sharing it. i hope the rumors are right. i cant survive as an AS elite without DL. too much flying to SE USA that AS and quite frankly AA (without US crediting) cant do for me.
Old May 7, 2014, 12:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
well for whatever this is worth thanks for sharing it. i hope the rumors are right. i cant survive as an AS elite without DL. too much flying to SE USA that AS and quite frankly AA (without US crediting) cant do for me.
Perhaps by the time some of this is integrated (if it is) US will be an option (once merged under AA).

I don't want to go down the slippery slope of partial earning fare classes... I know OAL's do this for AS but don't want AS to get any ideas. Plus it would be unfair to AS MP folks who would need to reprogram everything again!
Old May 7, 2014, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by CDKing
I've heard the same from the social media rep. For coach, probably something like 25% for S,L,T fares on the way up to 100% for full Y
Just as I suspected.
Old May 7, 2014, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Just as I suspected.
No actual numbers were mentioned just that it would be a percent based on booking class. Hopefully E, S, L, T wont earn 0%
Old May 7, 2014, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
No actual numbers were mentioned just that it would be a percent based on booking class. Hopefully E, S, L, T wont earn 0%
I was referring to reduced earning for lower classes.
Old May 7, 2014, 11:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by WrightHI
I hope that turns out to be more or less accurate. That wouldn't treat AS flyers particularly worse than what DL is doing in its own program, and on those terms having the DL option is better than not having it, especially with AA heading into merger integration.
Perhaps so, but if you get 4x as much miles flying AA (100%) than DL (25%) the choice is easy.
Old May 7, 2014, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Perhaps so, but if you get 4x as much miles flying AA (100%) than DL (25%) the choice is easy.
Exactly.
Old May 7, 2014, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
AA has Free MCE for Gold and they have a pretty good presense at BOS so yep, no need to fly DL, well then again the only Delta flights i've had in the last couple years were all mistake fares.

I chose B6 and AA for my trip to Florida
Old May 7, 2014, 11:48 am
Suspended

AA has Free MCE for Gold and they have a pretty good presense at BOS so yep, no need to fly DL, well then again the only Delta flights i've had in the last couple years were all mistake fares.

I chose B6 and AA for my trip to Florida
I flew AA J to LIMA. Very good experience
Domestically, I will pick either AA or DL depending on price (with the occasional B6 flight). But convenience of schedule is my top priority.
For my upcoming trip to AUS I fly BOS-AUS with B6 and AA on the return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.