Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Is there a rule of thumb for meals served in F?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP

My morning and noon time flights i noticed that I usually get served something other than a chocolate chip cookie. My last flight of 2hr 30 min at 8pm I got thrown a chocolate chip cookie. Next week, I have an 8:30am and a 6:45pm flight. Was wondering if I should pack my bag with some snacks.
Old May 1, 2014, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by dannieboiz
My morning and noon time flights i noticed that I usually get served something other than a chocolate chip cookie. My last flight of 2hr 30 min at 8pm I got thrown a chocolate chip cookie. Next week, I have an 8:30am and a 6:45pm flight. Was wondering if I should pack my bag with some snacks.
So, basically, the Flight Attendant just threw the cookie at you? Hmmm, sorry for the horrible service on top of the lack of a meal at 8pm at night. That's not typical. Without knowing where you're traveling, I can't say for sure what you'll be getting but if you're on a flight of more than 2 hours you should get something more substantial at 830am or 645pm.
Old May 1, 2014, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
So, basically, the Flight Attendant just threw the cookie at you? Hmmm, sorry for the horrible service on top of the lack of a meal at 8pm at night. That's not typical. Without knowing where you're traveling, I can't say for sure what you'll be getting but if you're on a flight of more than 2 hours you should get something more substantial at 830am or 645pm.
LOL no, she didn't throw it at me, it was the 1st time all I got was a cookie in F and from my previous post, it seems like AS is skimping out on a lot of the meals being served in F. Just gotta make sure I don't wrong through the day and skip my meals to catch a flight and expect to have something to stuff myself with on the way out.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dannieboiz
LOL no, she didn't throw it at me, it was the 1st time all I got was a cookie in F and from my previous post, it seems like AS is skimping out on a lot of the meals being served in F. Just gotta make sure I don't wrong through the day and skip my meals to catch a flight and expect to have something to stuff myself with on the way out.
Yeah I had cookies on AS99 SEA-ANC two nights ago. This was above what the later SEA-ANC flight offered at 11PM(ish) the week before (nothing).

But I'd rather have a light meal plus cookies
Old May 1, 2014, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by beckoa
Yeah I had cookies on AS99 SEA-ANC two nights ago. This was above what the later SEA-ANC flight offered at 11PM(ish) the week before (nothing).

As to both flights
Old May 3, 2014, 8:14 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Not flying other airlines mainline a/c very often I dont have much to compare service to when it comes to food. usually wien Im on AA or DL Im on commuter a/c. Im pretty interested to see what my all AA metal award later this year has in store. Most curious to see what I get on a PHX-MIA red eye. Cookie? Cheese platter? Nothing? Sandwich? a grumpy FA? all of the above? None of the above. The last time I flew DL F was 2010 or it was actually NW DC 9 on a 1 hour flight so no meals and a NW 757 in Y red eye so I slept crushed against the window. The last time on AA mainline was 2009 and they by far had a better meal than AS on an evening departure serving dinner. Nice big bowl of raviolis. Not the typical AS portion of say.....5 raviolis but was a big bowl full. There was 1 thing lacking from both my AA F flights ORD-PHL and vise versa that isnt lacking on AS.....guess what that could be....hmmmm oh yes I know! A potty parade from the coach cabin!

Last edited by ANC; May 3, 2014 at 8:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.