Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mvp75k upgrade percentage out of seattle

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 7:48 pm

FWIW, zero % this year to ANC. 75k just doesn't help me much.
I'd suggest looking for flights that will let you upgrade immediately. There's so many flights in and out of ANC that usually you can find something.
Old May 1, 2014, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Balik salmon going away though
No! I had four portions with my bottle of Krug last time....
Old May 1, 2014, 10:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by flytoeat
No! I had four portions with my bottle of Krug last time....
I do like the pre departure bottle of Krug
Old May 3, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG
Originally Posted by slopeboy40
My experience is zero % to MCO, 100% to ATL.

FWIW, zero % this year to ANC. 75k just doesn't help me much.
Originally Posted by ou81two
I'd suggest looking for flights that will let you upgrade immediately. There's so many flights in and out of ANC that usually you can find something.
Well sure I could. Just kinda defeats the purpose of being a 75k. You've made my point.
Old May 3, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: MVPG
In the past 6 years as a Gold, I have flown around 85 round trips from Seattle to Chicago. There has been a noticeable decline in upgrades in 2014; I've also noticed that my place on the waitlist has changed dramatically. In past years, given my pattern of buying tickets 4 or 5 months (or more) in advance, I was rarely further down than 3rd. Last flight I was 16th!

I've also started watching the FAs pass out the free digis - it's not uncommon to have 5+ 75ks in Coach.

I believe the reason is twofold; more 75ks overall - double EQMs are adding up - plus the release of U space closer to flight time. This enables higher fare passengers to buy instantly upgradeable fares.

I don't expect this to change going forward, so the Unlimited Free Upgrades benefit is not too compelling.
Old May 3, 2014, 3:47 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by gahyland
In the past 6 years as a Gold, I have flown around 85 round trips from Seattle to Chicago. There has been a noticeable decline in upgrades in 2014; I've also noticed that my place on the waitlist has changed dramatically. In past years, given my pattern of buying tickets 4 or 5 months (or more) in advance, I was rarely further down than 3rd. Last flight I was 16th!

I've also started watching the FAs pass out the free digis - it's not uncommon to have 5+ 75ks in Coach.

I believe the reason is twofold; more 75ks overall - double EQMs are adding up - plus the release of U space closer to flight time. This enables higher fare passengers to buy instantly upgradeable fares.

I don't expect this to change going forward, so the Unlimited Free Upgrades benefit is not too compelling.
could it be an influx of DL elites status matching to gold after their skypesos program started this year?
Old May 3, 2014, 10:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by ANC
Originally Posted by gahyland

could it be an influx of DL elites status matching to gold after their skypesos program started this year?
Gold would be below 75K on the WL *unless someone bought H+ fare for instant upgrade.
Old May 4, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines 75K, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver
SEA OB on Moday mornings is always going to be a challenge - for 2014 I'm 0/2 to ATL, 1/2 to ORD, and 0/1 to MCO. I haven't had this issue on West Coast routes (SAN, LAS, LAX), and the Thursday and Friday evening returns have not been an issue either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.