Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2015 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: AS; Aeroplan; Hilton (Diamond); Marriott (Platinum);
Originally Posted by beckoa
That's how AS has operated for as long as I know.
Wow. Good to know. This still strikes me as odd, given that others have reported BA not crediting for several weeks after flight activity, and therefore any interim travel (until MP processes it) would get bonussed at the lower MVP rate.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Thank you AS for all the DEQM promos this year. Four LA turns, 2 DTW turns (with one left) and an SLC turn got me into the 75K promised land this past week! Less than 40K left until a million miles are in the bag. That frontier is scheduled to be breached ~next March/April.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dave1013
Thank you AS for all the DEQM promos this year. Four LA turns, 2 DTW turns (with one left) and an SLC turn got me into the 75K promised land this past week! Less than 40K left until a million miles are in the bag. That frontier is scheduled to be breached ~next March/April.
+1...thank you SO much AS for the DEQM promos....I did the SAN (actually going to FAT but took the long way there), DTW, and SLC runs and will make Gold next month instead of just MVP which was what I was trying for this year as a former UA Silver moving over to AS.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
No D-EQM runs for me but PDX/IST/PDX on DL did help me hit Gold in July, my 13th consecutive year of gold and the earliest so far. Don't know if I will ever hit 75 though, it's a big jump from Gold - especially when all my travel is personal or as a small business owner. Maybe I should have done a few of those D-EQMs......
Old Oct 19, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Of course one of the issues with all the DEQMs is the huge list of elites. On PSP/SEA on Tuesday there were 35 on the upgrade list for a 734. Used to be in October you were guaranteed an F upgrade, even with only three rows. I imagine that list won't dissipate until January 2016.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
None of my flights this year have been MRs or double miles. I am short about 10k, and only have about 8k booked for the year. I may think about having to do a MR to get the 75k tier. It would be a shame to miss it by just 2k!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium Elite
Could do this...

Originally Posted by ctporter
None of my flights this year have been MRs or double miles. I am short about 10k, and only have about 8k booked for the year. I may think about having to do a MR to get the 75k tier. It would be a shame to miss it by just 2k!
...MR round-trip to DEN, PHX, or SAN. Each is just over 1K each segment.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
I will have my 90+k after a MR to SJU last week and a business trip to SAT Sunday. Finished early this year for me. I'm sure my wife will use the 50k miles one I have them in my account.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:07 am

Programs: MVPG75k-Boardroom, Hilton Gold

I'll hit 75k in about 2 weeks and I had about 3 months of no flights this year
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, DL, Marriott, Hilton Honors Gold, AMEX Membership Rewards
After fourteen consecutive years at MVPGold, last week I hit 75K for the first time. Two Detroit round trips made the difference. My Mileage Run to DTW on Wednesday had about 12 folks making the round trip--six in the first cabin.
Received the 50k bonus miles immediately on my mileage account, the graphs all filled in blue--but future reservations status remained "GOLD". Since I am on the upgrade list on five of those trips, I am interested. Called reservations and they said it takes a week to update the records with the 75k status. Does anyone have experience with this?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I was surprised to get the "congrats you reached 75k letter" because I was thinking I was going to need a MR this year of about 2k, I had forgotten all about the partner miles counting, so even though I only have 68.5k AS miles right now, I do have 90.6k miles. First time reaching 75k by the partner miles. I have a couple of new jobs that came in, and so I am sure I would have reached 75k on AS without the partner miles but it is nice to remember that they do count ^
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: AS MVP 75k Gold, Marriott Platinum
Monday I was sitting at 73.4k, but just noticed today that it has been adjusted downward to 71.2. Not sure why it was adjusted, I'll call tomorrow. I have 3k booked, looks like I'll have to modify some of my plans. I've never noticed edits before, maybe they happened and I just wasn't aware of them.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Enough miles posted last night for my top three bars to fill up. Waiting for one more flight- but only 49 segments this year.

50K bonus miles posted today.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SouthAnch
Monday I was sitting at 73.4k, but just noticed today that it has been adjusted downward to 71.2. Not sure why it was adjusted, I'll call tomorrow. I have 3k booked, looks like I'll have to modify some of my plans. I've never noticed edits before, maybe they happened and I just wasn't aware of them.
That's interesting. Did you ever notice any double credit or erroneous credits?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
Enough miles posted last night for my top three bars to fill up. Waiting for one more flight- but only 49 segments this year.

50K bonus miles posted today.
Beat me by 5 days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.