Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

SFO Board Room now closed eff. June 2014--see separate thread re: CX lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
SFO AS BR closed June 2014.

AS moved terminals August 20th.

AS started using the SFO CX Lounge August 22, 2014 for Boardroom members.

Please follow discussion of the CX SFO lounge here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23453275-post205.html
Print Wikipost

SFO Board Room now closed eff. June 2014--see separate thread re: CX lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
United had a nice lounge in the wing that AS uses for its flights from SAN. I wonder what happened to it when United moved to Terminal 2 in August. Should AS have the budget, it seems like a very easy thing for them to take over.
The SAN RCC was the main reason I had RCC membership when I lived there. It was a good lounge, would love for AS to take it over.

Originally Posted by danielonn
I speculate that Alaska Airlines will open a Boardroom at SJC where they see lots of flights and may even expand their services at SJC. The small Boardroom at SFO while nice is not as spacious as the one at LAX or PDX. I would hope Alaska would design the SJC Boardroom like the one at LAX.
Alaska should do a deal with The Club which is a great lounge that is IME almost always empty (PP from Amex Plat gets me in); the staff there tell me that their contract with ANA is what pays the bills. It surely makes no sense for AS to add their own BR when there is a good independent lounge ready and waiting...
Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by dgwright99
The SAN RCC was the main reason I had RCC membership when I lived there. It was a good lounge, would love for AS to take it over.

Alaska should do a deal with The Club which is a great lounge that is IME almost always empty (PP from Amex Plat gets me in); the staff there tell me that their contract with ANA is what pays the bills. It surely makes no sense for AS to add their own BR when there is a good independent lounge ready and waiting...
you know AMEX PLT is losing a lot of it's luster as well. It might just be a sign of the times for all of us travelers. I for one is beginning to re visit AMEX PLT versus other cards.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:26 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by dgwright99
The Club is great. However, it is a bit of a walk from the AS gates (considering the size of SJC).
Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by edgewood49
you know AMEX PLT is losing a lot of it's luster as well. It might just be a sign of the times for all of us travelers. I for one is beginning to re visit AMEX PLT versus other cards.
Even so, when using the GC trick the net cost is only $50 if you churn ($250 otherwise) which is tough to beat for the bennies (such as BR access via PP)

Originally Posted by whimike
The Club is great. However, it is a bit of a walk from the AS gates (considering the size of SJC).
AS used to use at least one gate down by The Club; would hope that they could trade gates if they did do such a deal....
Old Dec 22, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Originally Posted by tusphotog
I wonder if membership costs will decrease next year? They've closed two locations since I've been a member: YVR and now SFO.
I have used YVR a lot, and since it became a PP room the food offerings are MUCH better, so maybe that is a good way to go in SFO if possible. Seems there is some inequality in the rooms, being PDX based I always wondered why I can get a mini-meal at the SEA and LAX board rooms, but not at PDX (other than pancakes in the morning of course). I will say all the staff at the PDX room are and always have been tremendous.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 9:41 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Layoff notices went to all SF Board Room staff in November. Pretty sad situation.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas

Originally Posted by ryandc99
Layoff notices went to all SF Board Room staff in November. Pretty sad situation.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 10:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K

Originally Posted by ryandc99
AS.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 11:20 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Sad for all the employees. Hopefully they'll be offered re location options. It was certainly a small but nice lounge, having only been in there a few times. I wonder who's going to take the space.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demkr
Sad for all the employees. Hopefully they'll be offered re location options. It was certainly a small but nice lounge, having only been in there a few times. I wonder who's going to take the space.
It, as well as the rest of the building, is going to have a low cost burial at sea.

Unfortunately, jobs would be limited @ SFO because the BR employees are technically management and cannot perform GA / ticketing / other related functions.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 1:05 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The value of an F fare ex SFO just went down.
The value of a boardroom membership was already over priced before this. You are much better off buying DL Club or UA Club
Old Dec 24, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by ANC
The value of a boardroom membership was already over priced before this. You are much better off buying DL Club or UA Club
There are plenty of folks in the DL and/or UA forums who would disagree with that theory, given recent events that have diminished the offerings of those clubs.

Notwithstanding, AS may need to boost the value proposition a bit --- especially if there's a divorce on the horizon with DL.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I used the AS lounge at SFO in Sept when flying UA (priority pass) as the offerings could not possibly be worse than the United Club! I was pleasantly surprised by the nice wine they were serving and have been accustomed to friendly AS service. I recall the agent mentioning the closure as a likely happening. Sad and possibly shortsighted of AS.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
I heard from an AS employee yesterday on a flight that the reason the terminal is being knocked down and replaced is it's sinking to the point they can't stabilize it. She also said that the word is they will put three gates in the international terminal for the meantime. I wonder how old the terminal is, it doesn't look "that" old, and what will replace it.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Waitlisted
I heard from an AS employee yesterday on a flight that the reason the terminal is being knocked down and replaced is it's sinking to the point they can't stabilize it. She also said that the word is they will put three gates in the international terminal for the meantime. I wonder how old the terminal is, it doesn't look "that" old, and what will replace it.
It has been slowly sinking into the bay mud for years. I believe it is the oldest existing part of SFO, although perhaps part of T3 is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.