Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else not care for AS First Class?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
It seems silly to describe AS F as comparable with E+ on other carriers - would anybody seriously choose a comp domestic E+ product over AS F for a 6 hour flight, all other things being equal ?

That said, the hard product does fall below the comp; it's fine for flights up to 3 hours, but for 5-6 hour flights it is not competitive with comp F product.

In the age of smartphones, tablets and laptops, IFE is way down the list; in-seat power is a much bigger deal.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 4:03 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by tatterdema
Lol, I know, I know, that's ridiculous, but I never even dreamed that there would be 3 kids in F.
Row 1 on my SAN-OGG flight earlier this year was populated with two young kids and their parents. I was worried when I sat down and saw them, but they were perfectly behaved the whole 5:30 flight. I hardly noticed them once we were wheels up.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BOB W
I have made my feelings about AS F clear in other threads. It is merely E+ or the equivalent on any other domestic carrier. No more leg room, slightly wider seat, restricted entertainment compared to most.
I'm not a big fan of AS First but it is certainly better than E+ on other domestics.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
I'm not a big fan of AS First but it is certainly better than E+ on other domestics.
I found it similar on some flights, aside from seat pitch/width. I traded my paid F on a couple flights to sit in the back with the wife, I only booked F to get a little extra miles. Only been turned down once to swap seats with an economy class pax, luckily there was an empty row that we moved to.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 1:23 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by alaskan9974
I found it similar on some flights, aside from seat pitch/width. I traded my paid F on a couple flights to sit in the back with the wife, I only booked F to get a little extra miles. Only been turned down once to swap seats with an economy class pax, luckily there was an empty row that we moved to.

That the primary point of F, more seat pitch/width. This is like saying Opus One is similar to box wine, aside from it tasting better.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I found it similar on some flights, aside from seat pitch/width.
Originally Posted by whimike

That the primary point of F, more seat pitch/width. This is like saying Opus One is similar to box wine, aside from it tasting better.
+1
Yeah, why fly First? Everyone gets to their destination at the same time.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by whimike

I meant, other then the seat differences, the service difference was negligible. Maybe just a occupied crew, but it was on two different flights. Work reimburses me for my flight, doesn't matter to me where I sit but I get the 1.5* miles if booked in first.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I meant, other then the seat differences, the service difference was negligible. Maybe just a occupied crew, but it was on two different flights. Work reimburses me for my flight, doesn't matter to me where I sit but I get the 1.5* miles if booked in first.
How can the service difference be negligible? Every single time I have flown AS F I have been served food, even on the short SEA-SJC route. That alone is a big service difference to flying economy. In F they are relatively quick to fill up drinks, in Y they bring by the trolley once or twice and you don't see them much anymore.

Nobody is arguing that AS F is below that of other airlines' F, but to say it is no different to economy is really quite a bit off, in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.