Wiki Posts
Search

A Tale of Two Calls

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:22 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

A Tale of Two Calls

The old rule if you don't like what you hear the first time call back....does work.

This is a business award ticket.

We have a connecting AS flight from an international arrival @ LAX. Because of several recent schedule changes with the flights our connection time has shortened from a healthy 3.5 hours to a probable sprint at 2 hours and a few minutes.The inbound international flight is almost always 30+ minutes late to its gate.

I called AS this morning and got as high as a supervisor who offered me a later flight ( putting us back to our original 3.5 hours connection) and a " one time" change fee waiver but downgrading our seats from First to Coach.

I declined and figured we would take our chances.

With nothing to lose....I called back this afternoon and got a CSR who understood my concern w/ this connection and went to bat for us. She noticed that there had been numerous schedule changes on this itinerary and the connection time had indeed been shortened by 90 minutes. After being on hold for a bit...she came back and had not only put us on the later flight, but in First, and no change fee.

Excellent customer service the second time around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.