Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Boardroom PDX

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2012, 9:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by apodo77
Originally Posted by dgreen12
http://www.oregon.gov/OLCC/LIC/for_p..._license.shtml

Oregon seems to require:

"During meal period" - Five substantial food items with at least one side dish.

"At all other times" - Five substantial food items.

No wonder there is just beer and wine!
You got it all wrong. It is just AS being cheap.
Since they don't serve five varieties of soup?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Let's call a spade a spade. All the BR's are sub-par with the exception of the new one at LAX. The DL SC at SEA is way nicer than the AS BR there. PDX BR is tiny and whenever you hub through PDX is a trek from all the QX flights.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Smeadcw
Let's call a spade a spade. All the BR's are sub-par with the exception of the new one at LAX. The DL SC at SEA is way nicer than the AS BR there. PDX BR is tiny and whenever you hub through PDX is a trek from all the QX flights.
I for one prefer ANC to LAX- used to enjoy the old TWA club- new one is just 'cramped' and too earthy for me. Bar turned out good- except one is facing away from the tarmac now not that T-6 presents many views- but I digress
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:41 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
I for one prefer ANC to LAX- used to enjoy the old TWA club- new one is just 'cramped' and too earthy for me.
I don't think the LAX one is that cramped. There seems to be a lot of furniture compared to SEA or PDX, but up against the windows is fine for me. I'm just thrilled to be out of terminal 3rd world....

Speaking of furniture, supposedly PDX will be getting new stuff this winter/fall.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
There's a post on the United forum stating their Club room in PDX will start having liquor. Any chance AS BR is next?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Cook's is sure special. So are Tums.
Right there with ya, buddy.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Tanaka07
SEA is a dump compared to PDX.
That goes for the entire city, not just the BR.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by tusphotog
Some of the folks at PDX are becoming like a second family to me. They're all great, but Lisa is one of the absolute best.

I haven't seen it really full recently, but I have been in there a number of times when I have the whole room to myself. I can make as many pancakes as I desire.
Agreed. The staff is awesome at PDX. They are also some of the most experienced with the Alaska booking system and can work wonders in case of a weather delay with a reroute (or helping with any other inconvenience).
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Smeadcw
You know, I much preferred the old BR at LAX. There was a special atmosphere among the regular commuters at the bar there, especially on a Thursday night. The new BR has a totally sterile feel, and isn't warm and welcoming like the old one. Also, I don't remember the new BR runway views but the old BR runway views were awesome.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold75, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by tusphotog
I don't think the LAX one is that cramped. There seems to be a lot of furniture compared to SEA or PDX, but up against the windows is fine for me. I'm just thrilled to be out of terminal 3rd world....

Speaking of furniture, supposedly PDX will be getting new stuff this winter/fall.
Great news. The furniture in that club is old and well worn. I have wondered why it hadn't been upgraded yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.