Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Boardroom PDX

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:19 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)Not more than 2 years ago. Look at the wall behind the counter and imagine what once was there.

Really?

How long ago was this?
Not more than 2 years ago. Look at the wall behind the counter and imagine what once was there.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 2:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
Not more than 2 years ago. Look at the wall behind the counter and imagine what once was there.
Hmm you might be correct- I seem to recall they once had sake- never did try it there...
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG
Originally Posted by Tanaka07
SEA is a dump compared to PDX.
Originally Posted by Chugach
+1
Really? I was just there for the first time 2 weeks ago.

Tiny room that was thankfully pretty deserted on a Monday afternoon. However, it is so small that I could easily hear the conversation of the other couple in the room.

Ridiculously small snack setup area, NO comparison at all with SEA. Even ANC has a larger setup. No discussion here necessary.

Beer and wine only. And according to the concierge, in Oregon an establishment has to serve at least 3 menu items to be able to serve hard stuff. Cheese and crackers don't count. Truth or not? I don't know. But Oregon does have some strange rules.

Give me SEA even with the crowds.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by slopeboy40

Tiny room that was thankfully pretty deserted on a Monday afternoon. However, it is so small that I could easily hear the conversation of the other couple in the room.

Ridiculously small snack setup area, NO comparison at all with SEA. Even ANC has a larger setup. No discussion here necessary.

Beer and wine only. And according to the concierge, in Oregon an establishment has to serve at least 3 menu items to be able to serve hard stuff. Cheese and crackers don't count. Truth or not? I don't know. But Oregon does have some strange rules.

Don't know the exact rules of the law but have heard the OLCC has some quirks. The Delta club does not have the hard stuff either. Never been in the United club but have heard they do have hard stuff. Not sure how they do it.

I am based in PDX and connect through SEA on occasion. I do not think SEA airport or BR is a dump at all. I do think PDX has a great airport though. The BR is just OK. Nothing special.

Last edited by apodo77; Jul 21, 2012 at 5:25 pm
Old Jul 21, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I have been using that club since it was a NW club (was flying Continental PDX-IAH) and never recall seeing hard liquor in it.

Could have missed it of course as the flights were in the AM but is definitely not in the memory bank.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

+1

PDX as a whole is a vastly superior facility to SEA.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
But Oregon does have some strange rules.
You want to see strange? Go to Utah. Antiquated!!
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:44 pm

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

+1^

SEA as a whole is a dump. PDX is lucky to have such an awesome facility.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:04 pm

+1
and another

+1

SEA is old, usually over crowded and run down. The staff are great, but there is so much traffic in and out of the place that the few and far between remodels/updates wear out very quickly.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 7:33 am

Airport, yes. BR, no. And this is/was a BR thread.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 7:39 am

and another

+1

SEA is old, usually over crowded and run down. The staff are great, but there is so much traffic in and out of the place that the few and far between remodels/updates wear out very quickly.
Wow. Maybe I was in the wrong place at PDX because there was nothing in there that made me think "this is so much nicer than the SEA BR" other than it was deserted. What are you raving about in regards to the PDX BR? The furniture? Just as uncomfortable as SEA. The carpet? Can't even remember that. The tiny shin-high tables? Certainly not the selection of snacks and beverages. Truly I must have been in the "other" BR.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 9:40 am

Tiny room? I take it you've never been to the SFO boardroom!

They could meet the requirements like some of the bars in Portland do, offer 3 different TV dinners at crazy expensive prices! I know of a bar that sells banquet dinners for $7..
Old Jul 22, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
And according to the concierge, in Oregon an establishment has to serve at least 3 menu items to be able to serve hard stuff. Cheese and crackers don't count. Truth or not? I don't know. But Oregon does have some strange rules.
http://www.oregon.gov/OLCC/LIC/for_p..._license.shtml

Oregon seems to require:

"During meal period" - Five substantial food items with at least one side dish.

"At all other times" - Five substantial food items.

No wonder there is just beer and wine!
Old Jul 22, 2012, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by johnp012001
Tiny room? I take it you've never been to the SFO boardroom!
I think the PDX BR is sized about right. I've never seen it packed like SEA usually is.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by dgreen12
http://www.oregon.gov/OLCC/LIC/for_p..._license.shtml

Oregon seems to require:

"During meal period" - Five substantial food items with at least one side dish.

"At all other times" - Five substantial food items.

No wonder there is just beer and wine!
You got it all wrong. It is just AS being cheap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.