Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

$110 Companion Ticket Valid for COACH class only - Effective August 1st, 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$110 Companion Ticket Valid for COACH class only - Effective August 1st, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:36 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by bigbirdwithsilverwings
Originally Posted by johnp012001
The length of this thread? How many posts and views are from unique posters/viewers? In case you're curious, you've posted 86 times just in this thread, not counting posts in other AS Visa threads.
johnp: you have some serious flyertalk skill since I have no idea how many posts I've made in my life or on this thread. What are your stats? Total and on this thread? And please answer your own question: "How many posts and views are from unique posters/viewers?" Please advise. Thanks john!
LOL.

<---- The number of posts you have made in your life (at least on flyertalk) is 187 ... its posted right under your handle. You've now made 88 posts in this thread.

If you're looking in the forum view, to the right of the thread title, you can see how many views, and how many replies each thread has had. If you click on the number of replies, you can see the handles of every person who's posted, and how many times. You're #1

Last edited by jackal; Aug 1, 2013 at 1:52 pm Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: alaska, united, air france, lufthansa,delta, starwood
Originally Posted by missydarlin
LOL.
Thank you missydarlin! This is almost better than the NSA.

Last edited by jackal; Aug 1, 2013 at 1:51 pm Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:33 pm

also, you can click on anyones handle (including your own) and take tour of their (your) older posts.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by missydarlin
LOL.

<---- The number of posts you have made in your life (at least on flyertalk) is 187 ... its posted right under your handle. You've now made 88 posts in this thread.

If you're looking in the forum view, to the right of the thread title, you can see how many views, and how many replies each thread has had. If you click on the number of replies, you can see the handles of every person who's posted, and how many times. You're #1
Thanks missy! I didn't know about clicking on the number of replies in the forum view, that's pretty cool!
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
[SIZE=1]wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0

This isn't F revenue though...its ~60% F revenue... If AS fills those seats with paying F customers... That's AS' gamble.
Agreed. Now that all of the F certificates are gone since 7/31, any new information w/regard to whether Alaska is making more $ w/ F revenue as compared to the ~60 full F revenue borne of the F certificates?

And, anybody have any info re bringing some version of the F certificate back?
Thanks for any input on either question.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Agreed. Now that all of the F certificates are gone since 7/31, any new information w/regard to whether Alaska is making more $ w/ F revenue as compared to the ~60 full F revenue borne of the F certificates?

My last flight using the F companion cert isn't until June 2014 (booked at the end of July) --- so I think it may be too soon to tell what the impact is (since it will phase in as cert use decreases over the next year).
Old Sep 11, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
It is all absolute and total magical realism speculation.

By the way, they aren't all gone. I'm using one in December.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
It is all absolute and total magical realism speculation.

By the way, they aren't all gone. I'm using one in December.
I thought they all had to be redeemed by July 31?
Old Sep 13, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
I thought they all had to be redeemed by July 31?
And you can fly up to about 11 months after the time they had to be used.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by dgreen12
And you can fly up to about 11 months after the time they had to be used.
Oh. I didn't know that. Thank you.

That should mean that Alaska-for the next 9 1/2 months- can extrapolate if they are better off selling a full fare F seat w/a companion vs. upgrading status fliers vs actual sales of F class seats. I'd like to know those numbers...Anyone?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 11:14 am

Oh. I didn't know that. Thank you.

That should mean that Alaska-for the next 9 1/2 months- can extrapolate if they are better off selling a full fare F seat w/a companion vs. upgrading status fliers vs actual sales of F class seats. I'd like to know those numbers...Anyone?
It is clear, since half of all of your posts on FT are in this thread, that you are passionate on this subject, but no one who actually has the numbers is going to be posting them.

I think its time to wake up from your dream of having them back.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Sold Out First Class

I'm looking to book a trip to FLL a month in advance, and on many days the first class cabin is entirely booked up. Anybody else notice an increase in demand for first class seats? If that is the case, it looks like Alaska may have made a smart decision regarding the companion fare change.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
I'm looking to book a trip to FLL a month in advance, and on many days the first class cabin is entirely booked up. Anybody else notice an increase in demand for first class seats? If that is the case, it looks like Alaska may have made a smart decision regarding the companion fare change.
When I looked to book SEA-FLL for early next year I found a number of flights for which U space was available. So it may be that some of those occupied F seats you're looking at did not pay full F but rather paid a lower fare and upgraded via status or miles. There also may be some who used the last batch of F confirmable companion certs to head to Florida. In my case I used a soon-to-expire companion cert in combination with MVPG upgrade fares to get F seats in both directions.

I'm hoping that one upshot of the loss of confirmable F on companion certs will be that AS will release more U seats on some routes so that I can get into F at time of booking. They might get more revenue that way via the higher upgrade fares than if they have to give much of the F cabin away to upgrades on previously booked lower fares in the last few days before the flight. Of course if they find that they can fill F with people paying full F then I'm out of luck. For some routings I might get lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.