Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by dayone
Click to expand the Wikipost at the top of the page to see the eligible airlines.
The match goes both to and from the airlines listed in each category, yes?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:10 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by mhdena
The match goes both to and from the airlines listed in each category, yes?
No, only from the listed to AS.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by SiriusRon
Hello:

I was an Alaska MVP (originally a VX Silver) until Dec. 31, 2017, so no status now. Does anyone see an issue with my trying to match via my UA Lifetime Gold status? Obviously, if I send them my current 2018 UA statement it will show no activity and would that be an issue? Last year I flew about 25k with UA last year, and would probably do about the same or a little more with AS this year.

Thanks!
My advice would be to give it a shot. AS seems to be pretty forgiving with the requirements. Others here have posted status match success with inadequate activity in the "match from" carrier account.
The worst they can do is say "no"!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:07 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by mhdena
What airlines can you match Alaska to?
You can take a look through the status match master thread and see if anyone has matched their Alaska status to a competing carrier there. If you can't find anyone who has, that would be a good place to ask the question.
Airline Status Match Master Thread
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:24 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by tom911
You can take a look through the status match master thread and see if anyone has matched their Alaska status to a competing carrier there. If you can't find anyone who has, that would be a good place to ask the question.
Airline Status Match Master Thread
Thanks for answering the question that I clearly misread and incorrectly replied to.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Legend717
My advice would be to give it a shot. AS seems to be pretty forgiving with the requirements. Others here have posted status match success with inadequate activity in the "match from" carrier account.
The worst they can do is say "no"!
Just to be clear, AS is now no longer matching statuses from VX right? I re-qualified again for Silver in 2017, but AS is refusing to give me any status.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by TravelingAssociate
Just to be clear, AS is now no longer matching statuses from VX right? I re-qualified again for Silver in 2017, but AS is refusing to give me any status.
If you requalified for Silver in 2017 for 2018, you are AS MVP. I think there have been problems transitioning the status.

If if you qualified in 2016 and had Silver in 2017 and it's set to expire soon, correct that you can't match.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Requested 12/22, Granted 1/17
Matched from UA Silver (just barely made it at end of year) to MVP
based in LA and had about 8K miles on AS last year, expecting to d a lot of flying BUR-PDX and BUR-SJC for the next few years.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:52 pm

I'm trying to match from UA. What should I include in my screenshot? It says status and YTD miles, but I haven't yet flown any miles this year (earned UA Silver last year). I assume they want to know I actually earned the status by flying last year? Presumably you could have UA Silver through some non-flying thing like hotel status or whatnot?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders
I'm trying to match from UA. What should I include in my screenshot? It says status and YTD miles, but I haven't yet flown any miles this year (earned UA Silver last year). I assume they want to know I actually earned the status by flying last year? Presumably you could have UA Silver through some non-flying thing like hotel status or whatnot?
If you go on the UA website and go to the "mileage plus activity since my last statement" you can set the dates to show all your flight activity from 1/1/17 to 12/31/17. It looks like the page includes all the required information (name, mp number, status, pqm). It doesn't add them up, but it does show PQM for each flight so someone could easily do so. Depending on your screen, you may have to print the page to a file rather than snapping a screenshot, as it may not all fit in one screen without scrolling. There may be a better screen somewhere, but I'm not sure of another way to get it to show all of your 2017 pqm.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by chrisl137
If you go on the UA website and go to the "mileage plus activity since my last statement" you can set the dates to show all your flight activity from 1/1/17 to 12/31/17. It looks like the page includes all the required information (name, mp number, status, pqm). It doesn't add them up, but it does show PQM for each flight so someone could easily do so. Depending on your screen, you may have to print the page to a file rather than snapping a screenshot, as it may not all fit in one screen without scrolling. There may be a better screen somewhere, but I'm not sure of another way to get it to show all of your 2017 pqm.
https://mystatus.united.com/ should show it on a single screen.

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rustykettel
https://mystatus.united.com/ should show it on a single screen.
​​​
Indeed it does! When I looked at it at the end of the year to submit mine I thought it was missing one piece of information-- I somehow think that it didn't show my last name before, but does now.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:10 pm

what does aa platinum pro match to?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:47 pm

Applied online at 12/31 and then emailed on 1/17 because I was getting impatient. Just checked today on my phone (1/22) and saw that my account had MVP status.

Matched from UA Silver.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
United Platinum matched today to Gold 75K.

Coincidentally I noticed the match while hitting Million Miler on a United flight today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.